Permanent resulsts - documentary making me wonder

Boodles

Hi

I have just watched a documentary called 'My small breasts and I' and one of the girls trys 'suctioning' to increase her breast size. She wears the domes for 11 hours a day and goes from an A to a C cup in 12 weeks. However she goe4s to see a consultant atnBirmingham (UK) hospitel who has allegedly done research into these stystems and he said that the relusts are not permanent as, unlike other tissue expansion techniques, the pressure is not 24 hours a day.

Now part of me thinks that it is probably in his interests to put down non surgical techniques, and that fact that he called it 'skin expansion' not 'tissue expansion' (despite using the example of people in african tribes extending their necks - obviusly more than sken being expanded there) makes me doubt him. However there is a small part of me that thinks what if he is right? My DD has set a date of 6 months time and she will stop Noogling. SHe hates doing it and is pretty happy with her resulstts to date anyway. But what if they shrink back to her pre noogle size? I think it will be worse than if she had never done it :(

Having a wobble as to wheter this was the right way to go. :(

C

chloespeaks

nobody really knows for sure what will happen to each individual, but i think quite a few women have come back to say that they have kept their growth. i think that of the women here, the fact that NOone has come back to say they LOST their growth means the the possibility that they DIDN'T keep their growth is quite low.

i mean it's probably common that if people are successful, they don't visit back here anymore, once they've reached their goal and moved on. i have a feeling if in the last few years, if someone lost growth, there is more likelihood that they'd come back to warn people that this system doesn't work. don't you think? just my opinion

Teeny Tiny

I wouldn't worry too much about her losing what she has gained. It's true that any lingering swelling she may have when she stops will be lost, but not actual growth. I have been a very sporadic noogler over the last 2+ years, missing as much as 3 months at a time and never lost what I had gained. I never retain that much swelling for that long so even with losing any lingering swelling I have never lost much of anything during my long breaks. I read a lot of negative articles about using systems like NB for breast growth, everything thing from they just plain don't work to they cause damage, loss and supposedly even cancer from the damage to the cells. It took me several years and reading about the results people have achieved on this forum before I chose to take the chance because of everything I saw online. But they were wrong, NB does work, it is permanent, and if done right it does not damage them, cause loss of tissue, or cancer. Most of them are just trying to keep the breast augmentation surgery the number one choice for enlargement, even though NB should be. If done right it actually helps improve their health because of the increased circulation to them when you noogle, which helps prevent them from becoming stagnant and diseased.

Please try not to worry about what happens when she stops, I'm sure everything will be just fine for her. ;) :D ;D

Boodles

Thank you Chloespeaks and not so Teeny Tiny.

I must admit that I had though that as people tend not to come back that we do not know what happened after, but I agree Chloe, if they lost everything at least some would come back and say.

ANd I agree not so Teeny Tiny, they do want augmentation to remain the top choice. I knew that really, just needed reassurance I guess. Just for the record, the girl in the documentary said that she was going to continue with 'suctioing' as she was so pleased with the results, and she said that if she had to do it for say 20 minutes a night for ever to maintain it then she would. She was just so happy to have gone from an A to a C :)

amelie

You know Boodles, those documentaries you should always take with a grain of salt. I´m a journalist and I´ve written about medical research in magazines and I´ve also worked for tv (for the daily news). The thing is, it´s really easy to make subtle implications when you´re talking about any topic, and there is always some interest behind anything they show in the press or on tv. Like sometimes we would find out about some company that was doing something not so healthy but we couldn´t publish it just like that because that same company was paying advertisements for the magazine. So we had to ditch the whole topic or publish it in some way that it wouldn´t really be that noticeable. Other times we only published the opinions of some people because it would suit the media´s policy at the
moment.

It really isn´t that much about telling lies or covering things up, it´s more like you give a certain angle to the story. This happens all the time.

In this particular documentary you saw, they probably just needed to have a "scientific" opinion to complete the topic, and they just interviewed one person who voiced his opinion. If they´d investigated a bit more, they probably would´ve found some other medical person with a different opinion, but that would´ve made things too complex, you know? It´s like when you´re making a documentary there has to be some coherence and it´s always a bit controversial to have two experts give completely different opinions. So the structure they made up for the story was probably something like:
-this girl tries suction
-it works
-Dr. says it won´t last
-conclusion: it works but you have to keep doing it all your life
Which of course is very simple and would make sense. If they´d followed a different line, something like
-you can increase breastsize through suction
this would give rise to a lot of questioning by the medical community, and make them look unprofessional. Because in medicine there has to be years of research and experience to get to any conclusion, and of course there are economical interests like having women get boobjobs.

So after having seen what these things are like, I always tend to believe what I read in forums like these more than what I see on tv!
Anyway, sorry for this long post, I guess I got carried away, haha.

C

chloespeaks

^^the thing that steams me is that everyone acts as though once you get breast augmentation surgery, everything is just AOK, like it doesn't take any upkeep. if the girl were to do this every night for 20 min forever, it would be less work than
1. health worries that there is rupture/incapsulation scarring
2. in 5-10 years, she's got to go back and get them REDONE

when the doctor is saying it doesn't last forever, he doesn't say "but, neither does implants" right??? very skewed.

Boodles

Thank you for your responses.

Amelie - All that you say makes perfect sense. Deep down I kind of knew that the doucmentary was likely to be flaewd but just kind of needed reassurance. Thank you.

Chloe - what a good point! They do indeed speak as if implants are a permanent answer!

Just in case anyone wants to see this documentary I have found it on the internet and the link is below.

http://documentarystorm.com/my-small-breasts-and-i/

It also shows a girl considering implants and a girl who uses phototherapy to improve her body image. On re watching the section with the 'expert' I am embarrassed to have ever wobbled on this!

They do not give the 'expert's' name so you cannot lok up his research. Also he talks about the studies he has done but, if I am hearing him right, says that only one patient completed the trial (I am guessing 12 weeks on a brava type regime from what I can gather) and that she suffered bruises, broken skin and major disruption to her lifestyle and then lost it all. But one patient is hardly the basis for a scientific study in terms of loosing waht was gaind! However the girl in the doucementary suffered neither of the first two and had gone up 2 cupsizes in 12 weeeks of consistant use (she started on a Brava type regime then changed to a system more like the NB doing a couple of hours a day). A very flawed study and documentary I would say!

chocogirl

I want so much to try the noogleberry.I wouldn t mind it using it for 2years but the problem is that I would like to keep it secret from my partner which is quite hard.Any tips for that?

Teeny Tiny

When I first started noogling I didn't want my husband to see me with them on, even though he knew about them, so I noogled when he was at work, which with me not working and with his long hours he was gone was 8-16 hours a day. I don't recommend using them that long every day though, if they are used for several hours day be careful not too use too much pressure and piss them off like I did. If noogling while he's not there isn't an issue, you could take nice long bubble baths and noogle in the bathtub, giving you a chance to get some noogling in and pamper yourself at the same time. And the heat from the bath helps increase swelling and possibly growth. Just make sure you lock the bathroom door so he can't walk in on you, hopefully you have more than one bathroom in case he needs to use it while you're in the tub. Do you live together? If not just use it when he's not there, and find a good hiding place for it so he doesn't bump into when he is there. ;) :D ;D