Post breastfeeders/slow growers - tell me your stories!

8lemon8

Hi everyone. I'm a mother of two. Prior to babies, I was small, probably a small
B, but post breast feeding I'm now a deflated and flat A. I was so excited to hear that I could pump and possibly grow some breast tissue. It sure beats paying $10K for surgery! I'd honestly be happy with a big B. A C would be a dream! Though I won't get ahead of myself.

I've been pumping for about a month (or just under). I usually pump for anywhere from 1.5-3 hours a night after the kids go to bed. I am still not getting any swelling. I read stories about people getting swelling after a week and it's definitely discouraging that I'm not getting anything. I swell into the domes as I'm wearing them, but the minute the domes come off, my boobs completely deflate. I feel like there isn't a lot of breast tissue to begin with.

Is there hope for me?!? :-\

minnie34

Hi 8lemon8,

flying reply here as I only have a minute before it is time to bring the kids to their drama class :)
Please have a look at my picture program, you might need to do a bit of a search in the picture gallery as it has been a while since I posted. I am also a post-breastfeeder, and even though I always has small breasts they were positively big compared to what they looked like after my nursing career was over!!

I did gain back both tissue and perkiness and even though I am a slow responder (noogling for 3 years now), I am committed to this. Some women who have breastfed have great success and grow very fast. Not me. I also have very little swelling once the cups come off, and whatever I get deflates pretty much straight away. But somehow it has still worked.

So there is absolutely hope for you. What helped me the most was to modify my expectations and make this into a long term goal. That cuts down on frustration (a bit anyway) and any growth is met with joy and surprise :)
Wishing you the very best of luck!

8lemon8

Minnie34- thanks so much for the encouragement! It's great to hear that despite your lack of swelling, you've still had growth. I'll look for your pics. Thanks!