Push up bras

Boodles

Hi there

I was sondering how many of you wear a push up bra and, for those of you who have grown quite a bit, do you still wear one?

DD wears one and it struck me that, even if she did manage to reach the c cup that she is aiming for, she probably still would, otherwise when she stopped it would look like she had gone backwards :)

So has anyone had the courage to throw their push ups or chicken fillets away? And if so at what stage did you do it?

Anastasia916

It depends on my mood and the bra for me. Like I have some bras that are not padded and no pushup and I still have cleavage in it, not as much as I do in a push up but still. Then sometimes I want to look extra bodacious and I'll wear a miraculous push up or one similar that adds 2 cup sizes, so I end up looking like a 32E/34DD and I love it, but hate all the padding to achieve it, so only do that sometimes. My hubby likes a wide range of breast sizes but the one thing he loves is cleavage, so even if I got bigger than I am now I would probably still wear a push up if I needed it to have the best cleavage. Okay let me see if I can explain... in a regular non-pushup bra I have cleavage but can fit a finger in between, with a pushup bra on they get pushed together so much nothing is fitting between there lol. So definitely love the cleavage I get with a pushup. But I know once I get to a 32E/34DD they don't make pushups in that size as far as I know haha so I will have to settle for a good bra that isn't push up but brings them together like one. I think they stop making pushup bras in sizes D and higher. Because lol I guess you don't technically "need" it when you are that big LOL.

ashley1986ann

I wear one Im a AAA cup and I get a B cup just to make people think I have breast. I get my at VS because they have the best ones. When I do get to my full B cup I will still wear push-ups and them I will wear the sexy bras that I could not be for.

Strumpet

Push-up bras always make me feel kind of self-conscious to be wearing that kind of padding and trying to pass it off as real, if that makes sense. I also have a horror story of that sort - I was wearing one in late summer with a low-cut top and one of my friends took me aside and said something like "Why do your boobs look big? Because I know you don't have boobs..."
I do like demi/balconette bras though. They also seem to work to create cleavage, but without the padding.

Anastasia916

Strumpet, that's a horrible thing for a friend to say! Doesn't sound like much of a friend in my opinion. When I was flat chested I were pushup bras and would stuff whatever space I didn't fill to make myself look like a B cup. Some of my friends and family knew the truth cause they saw me in bikini tops, but they never made those type of comments! That's horrible. The only thing my mom has asked recently when I went on vacation and saw her for the first time in 2 years (not by choice, I'm stationed in Cuba with hubby, so seeing her is a hard thing to do) she asked me if I had anything done to them. She knew I was chewing the Zoft gum before I moved from the US to here, so asked if it was that. I told her how I did grow some with it, but only to a B cup. She said well what else did you do. And I told her about the BO and NB, she thinks it's amazing. She was going on and on how great I looked and took pics to show family lol. She said I look like I got implants, she couldn't believe I did it naturally. But I showed her they were real lol, I come from a close family lol. I put a tank top on without a bra and showed her that they hang naturally and are natural. She was floored. Sorry to get off the point I was making haha. Point was that was horrible of a "friend" to say! If you want to wear something to make you feel better you should be entitled to do so. I know women who wear silicone breast forms that make them 2-4 cup sizes bigger! In my opinion if that makes them feel better, more power to them. I don't think people should judge so much, but eh we don't live in a perfect world. I do agree about the demi bra thing though, most of my non-padded ones are demi's and they give me decent cleavage.

jnorton22002

Hi Strumpet,

I am sooooo sorry you had to endure that cruel statement from a friend. A true friend wouldn't say something like that. Anastasia is right on about you should wear what ever you want. I believe I'm also a good candidate for bad comments because of what i'm doing. You should realize that you are such a tender, wonderful young lady. To realize that people say nasty things only shows 2 things. The fact they ARE idiots and cruel, and the other is HOW gracious you are. Remember always idiots say stupid things because they don't know better. You control yourself because you know better. Don't let this bother you. I love you for you. that really IS what is important. Feeling GOOD about oneself.

With hugs and lots of love, Mama J :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Boodles

Strumpet, it never ceases to amaze me how tactless or downright cruel people can be. When DD was 14 something similar happened to her - she was wearing a gel bra as she was self councious of how flat chested she was compared to all her friends (not for cleavage but under a t-shirt to give the appearnace of boobs). She had confided in a 'friend'. Another friend said 'your boobs have really grown lately' and the other 'friend' said 'no they haven't she is wearing a gle bra'. This was in front of a whole load of friends. But at least they were just kids - you expect more from adults.

She would not wear anything padded for some time but then discovered the style she wears now which just has a little bit of extra padding at the bottom - probably only gives an extra half a cup to a cup size, so more subtle. But as she always wears them I guess people think that is how she is.

noog

I have a question for those who know more about bras then me, here's the deal, tried on some 34C bras, they actually fit in the cup, could use more on top to have the cleavage look but I don't measure that big, or look that big to me. So I tried them on for my husband, because I wanted to show him that I was wearing a 34 C bra and it wasn't gappy in the cup area. So was wondering since it's a pushup bra,even though it says 34C, is it really a size smaller, and it makes you a C with the extra pushup padding, or have I really grown and don't realize it?? My measurements still say a 34A, I thought with those measurements the bra's would look gappy in the cup area ?? Maybe i'm wrong, and the top cleavage is what makes you a C cup?? If anyone has any knowledge on this I would appreciate your input!! Also been pumping a month and a half, haven't missed a day, and will be going on a trip where i'll miss 2 days pumping, anyone know if it will effect my progress so far?? Or will it not be a big deal. Thanks

HOOTERS

Anastasia916

Push up bras are tricky because of the padding. They can sometimes fool people into thinking they are a size when they aren't, but it also depends on the brand and such. Like sometimes I put a pushup on in my size and it seems too small like I'm coming out of it too much. That's why I don't judge my size based on pushups only on the way regular nonpadded bras fit. So my suggestion, try on some 34C nonpadded bras, or go get a bra fitting and have a professional measure you, you could very well be bigger than you think. I'm a 32D/34C and without a bra on I don't feel like I'm that size. I'll try to remember to take a topless pic without my hands on my boobs to show you what I mean cause with my hands there it kind of pushes them up haha. If I remember I'll take one without anything on and just cover my nips with circles like usual haha.

noog

Thanks Anastasia, I've only bought my favorite bra for years, so i'm still clueless on them, unless it's a double padded A lol!! I use the brand sold at Jcpenney called ambrielle extreme plunges or upsize, it's probably equivelant to Victoria secrets bras, but a lot cheaper if you get them on sale! The upsize one has so much padding I feel like ms. Doughtfire, that if I leaned over a stove and my boobs caught on fire, it'd be a while before I felt it because there's so much padding!! I can't wait tell my boobs are big enough to just have little or no padding, that will be awesome!! So next time I get to the store without my kids, I'll have try on an unpaddes bra, and see the truth.... dangit! i'm betting it will be an A or a small B, because my chest looks nothing like yours! It has gotten bigger, so I guess i'm thankful of that, just a little more time, and i'll get my C's!

Anastasia916

Remember, a chest size will look different depending on the person. In a non-padded bikini I don't think I look my size, but I know for a fact I am because 34B/32C bras are too small, I already broke 3 32C bras, I mean literally, they busted apart! I put them on and all I heard was RIP and I know it wasn't because of the band, the band fit fine, it was the cups were too small, so the strap holding it together between the cups ripped, and these were VS bras! But I put a regular bikini on, and I'd say I look like Jessica Alba's size when she's in a non-padded bikini and they say she's a small B! So just remember that sizes will look different on different bodies and depending on the breast shape also it will look different.

I'm gonna attach a picture of me in a nonpadded bikini, it's a triangle type top, hubby took the pic haha, this pic was taken in September, so before my weight gain but I was the same chest size as now, I just weighed 120-122. Sorry it's a small pic, but hopefully this will show more what they look like without padding or my hands pushing them up lol.

Attachments

• bikinipic2.jpg
    bikinipic2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 173

that1spaztichik

First off, Anastasia and her breasts are beautiful, lol! :D

Second, I ALWAYS wear push up bras. Always. I am so self conscious without them...I think it's because ever since I bought one in like...10th grade, I've always felt like ok...this is how people see me, with THIS size...I can't wear a non-padded one because then everyone will KNOW that I wear push up bras. I don't know...I get nervous that people will notice it's padding or feel it when hugging me or whatever, but I can't help it...I love push up bras!!

Boodles

Hooters - I agree with Anastasia it is difficult to judge size with a push up bra. As they are designed to create cleavage I guess they are designed to have a certain amount of boob pushed out of the top - the question is how much. I guess if you were a b cup for example, you might fill the cup part of a c but not 'overflow' wheras the design expects you to overflow a little. DD has both push up and ordinary slightly padded 34b bras. SHe fills the non push up ones but fills the push ups with a fair bit coming out of the top on the push up. So I guess in the main you are supposed to buy your normal size, but it does vary a lot from bra to bra.

thespazzychick247 - this is the situation that DD is in. Do you imagine you would give up on the padded as you grow bigger? I suppose there would come a point where despite having grown people might think she had shrunk!

noog

Anastasia you look great in your picture! Thanks for the visual,your boobs still look amazing without padding. That'd what i'm aiming for. I think i'm with the rest of you, that I will always wear some sport of pushup because I've worn them for so long, and I also love how they make me look! Unless of course if I grew to a D size bra, then again I'd probably still get the pushup bra lol! Thanks for all your input gals!!

Boodles

Makes you wonder if more people that you realise are getting a little extra help with the push up bras :) After all if people wear them all the time you wouldn't really know.

junjo

I use them for sure. My bf doesn't like it that much, because he feels he's being deceived, but I don't care. I am not always with push up bras and I honestly don't mind if people notice that I am bigger, that's the whole point.
One day someone made that comment to me also "wow you are big, what did you do?". I just told straight away what it was. I mean, I AM flat-chested, I am not trying to have anyone thinking I am not. Just trying to feel better about it.
I bet big chested girls who love their breasts also use it, so why shouldn't I use it too?

ashley1986ann

I have a family friend who is 53 and she started to where them when she a younger still does and because of that her breast to not sage they look like 20 year old breast.

xxbabygirlxx

im the first one to admit it, I LOVEEEE push up bras. I know its wrong, but whatever, i want to be a full DD. I'm admit to a full DD, im a small one now.

I think they make me feel good, so why nottt???

ashley1986ann

xxbabygirlxx said:
im the first one to admit it, I LOVEEEE push up bras. I know its wrong, but whatever, i want to be a full DD. I'm admit to a full DD, im a small one now.

I think they make me feel good, so why nottt???

I love them too its all I will ware!!