Question about "Shelf-Bra" support

didi1959

Hi,

Just ordered my Noogleberry and very eager to start seeing my boobs grow.

My question is concerning the type of bra support necessary to prevent any sagging.

Is a full breast bra necessary or can a shelf bra (see below) be enough?

Thank you for any advice.

Diane

Attachments

• a shelf bra.jpg
    a shelf bra.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 14

Boobalicious

Hi Diane.

Hope you get your parcel soon! Is that you in the picture? if so wow!!! I normally wear a bra with full support, but thats just because I like the look I get with them, I also wear balconette and plunge bra's depending on what I am going to be wearing over the top of them. My boobs are heavy, although I would'nt describe them as 'saggy' as such! I can lay on my back braless and they dont completely disappear under my armpits like they used to!!! My advice would be wear what is comfortable hunny.

Good luck

Boobilicious XxX ;)

P

piccolina

Hi Diane! Welcome to NB! :) I'm not sure I quite understand what you're concerned about -- are you afraid that your breasts will be more prone to sagging from using the noogleberry? If so, I can tell you that most girls here can reassure you that the opposite will actually happen. Many women use NB to reverse sagging breasts. You can see in the picture gallery that the shape of breasts is improved dramatically from pumping, and that you usually see them fill out on top nicely rather than sloping/sagging downward. Anyway, I would continue to wear whatever types of bras you like best or feel comfortable with. Best of luck with your noogling!

didi1959

Thank you for your replies.

In response to Boobilicious' question about it being me in the shelf-bra picture, the answer is, at the present time, no but sure hope to be someday. The picture was only to illustrate the type of bra.

In response to Piccolina, the NB does work wonders to sagging breasts with the pumping system by filling the top of the breasts.

I believe my initial question was not very clear. Hopefully the following will further explain what information I would like to know.

My present bra size is 34 A which I fill. I often wear a bra at night which has helped, even at 50 years old, maintain rather erect and perky breasts. I will be using my NB just before bedtime, therefore creating swelling and wish to wear a bra overnight. The bras I presently have will not be adequate since I already fill them.

Should I immediately buy a size 34 B to have the necessary cup space or would a shelf bra give adequate support (no sagging out of the shelf) during the night? I'm not really sure how long the swelling lasts.

Hope this has helped clarify my question.
Diane

itsjust4fun91

I don't tend to sleep in a bra at night just for a break, but if I were going to I would probably use one of my sports bras, since they have excellent support but are comfortable, which I think would let one sleep alot better then underwire digging in when you roll over. Also sports bras tend to be a little more forgiving with breast size change, so while I bought mine as 34 B's I'm still wearing them to work out just because the way they are made they have some give to still fit just fine as a C.

Mel

Hi didi!

I think that you should buy a full bra to support your swelling at night time, or a sports bra like itsjustforfun suggested Your breasts moight fall out of the shelf bra when you sleep. The swelling can last anywhere from 30 minutes to hours. I read a couple of threads on here saying how some really like to wear a bra after pumping as it maintains the swelling for them. Have you read those posts? I'll try to find a link to them x

didi1959

Ladies, thank you very much for your wonderful suggestion of a sport's bra.

Since I had a very small breast size, I mostly bought push-up or underwire to try to get a bit of cleavage.

Will head to La Senza (where I always buy my undergarments) today. They have 2 different models. Will see which seems most comfortable and what size I need.

Thanks again.
Diane

LAWMANN2004

HI!! I just thought i would put my $0.02 in as well.
I personaly don't sleep in a bra, unless it is absolutly
necessary to do so. I pump both in the morning and
at night before bed.
I went out and got one of the bras like in the picture,
and tryed it out. It fit quite well, much to my surprise.
It is comfortable, and provides great support. However
it didn't help with retaining any swelling. So no more till
I outgrow this one. Keep doing what you are doing,
find what works for you, and stick with it.
Jamie2

I agree with Jamie2 because I was curious about how bra relates to sagging and found a study that actually found that wearing a bra overall causes more sagging that not wearing a bra. Obviously I'm not talking about while one is wearing a bra (unless you have weird no gravity boobs like me- not necessarily a good thing!) It's because the muscle is not allowed to get used to carrying the boob weight or something. Also, in the Brava guide they say to wear the least restricting cloths as to maintain the swelling. Good luck!

-Laura