Question?

Teeny Tiny

??? I have developed a serious concern. I had never heard of Inflammatory Breast Cancer before reading about it in another members post. But now that I have investigated it I am kind of concerned and wondering if some of the things I am going through are normal, or if I should stop using the NB until I can get to a doctor and get it checked out. For several years I have experienced off and on swelling of both breasts a few days before my period, but they always return to normal within a few days of it starting, which I think is just hormone related. However, since I have been noogling I have noticed that both nipples always swell when I pump, which I guess is normal. But they also tend to get hard and discolored, sort of a yellowish brown color. Then after the swelling subsides a bit they're softer again, but red and sore. I have also noticed that my right one has a lot more pain than my left one, especially on the bottom edge, and the right breast as a red tint to it. It's not red when it's swollen, but as the swelling goes down it goes back to having a redish brown patch on it from the top around the outside toward the bottom center, just inside the ring of the cup. I figured maybe the right one has it but the left one doesn't because my right breast is slightly smaller than my left, so I tend to pump it just a little more than the left one so that they are about the same size from the swelling when I take the cups off. I have also noticed that a few days before my period I get a lump in my right breast on the bottom, but it always goes away with my period. This has been happening for several years, and I remembered back in health class in high school that they said it was normal for lumps to come and go while they are growing because of hormones. So I figured this had something to do with my hormones increasing before my period. But now I'm not so sure, I'm actually a little scared because my right nipple hurts bad, and I've noticed an area just below the nipple where the skin looks kind of funny. If I do happen to have breast cancer is having used the NB going to make things worse than they would have been without it? Breast cancer does not run in my family as far as I know and I really love what the NB has been doing for me, and I don't want to have to start over from the beginning if it turns out to be nothing at all, but I am really nervous. Does anyone have any advice they can give me.

T

tavia

woooh that waz hard on the eyes lol... ;)

i think you should go to yr doctor and have them take a look at you to make sure everything is ok, we can give you advice , but from what you have said,, pain full discoloured nipples espesially AFTER pumping cant be very good.
you should just get checked for and lumps bumps and pains to rule out anything, then when you get the all clear you can decide what you are going to do,
meaning trying different pump methods, pumping more gently ,(taking longer to grow,, but less aggravating for you boobies and nipps), trying different creams(for before and afterwards... mabe something soothing and healing for the nipples, even tea tree oil would help for the nipples . giving yr breasts a good massage, with a heating pad to make sure that they are at there readyest for being vacumed into a cup(very stressful on them lol).
theres lots of solutions so dont think that you have to give up hope at all just yet.
but the main thing is getting a check to see if everything is ok..
mabe you could try the tiny suction cups on the niples then using the dome, so that the nipples are protected from the pressure, the avent 1s are the smallest ive seen so far and they would easyly fit inside a large dome (its weather or not you can kee them on,, hmm trickky.

i dont know if pumping could make breast cancer worse, i dont think there is any 1 that would know that seen that profetionals rarley agknowledge the fact that you can increase the breasts by pumping in the first place,
umm so from what i THINK i know, breast cancer is a growth .. and from what ive heard, a cancer grows quite fast, but the question is can cancer grow faster that breast tissue...? cause although alot of us get amazing swelling, the growth is alot smaller.
so if a cancer was in the breast tissue, there would b more tissue to invade if you are getting bigger.
but thats all i can think of.

truth is hun, all of us have to check our breasts often and be aware (since we are pumping)... sooner you catch it the better, i get lumps especially under my armpit next to the breasts, always flaring up then going down, and i always panic when they are flared up (even though i know its the norm).
dont worry too much.. just get checked
what size are you, if you dont mind me asking.. and have you had kids?
xx ;) ;D

T

tavia

just read yr other post...
so youve got xls now? how long has the nipple thing been happening, or is it just recently? ;)

Z

Zenity

Okay, so this is my guess:

If we are using the Principle of expanding tissues to make them grow, it makes perfect sense to me, that whatever is the tissue made of will expand and grow as well. Call it fat, breast glands, muscle, bumps, good cells and bad cells. I honestly don't think pumping will 'cause you cancer, otherwise all the pumps used to extract milk while breasteeding would be forbiden, BUT, if there is something that is ALREADY there, there is no warranty pumping will not make it worse.
Again this is just my humble opinion.

This is happening to me as well. Since pumping I am experiencien an increase of size of some lumps existing previous NB, just not noticeable. However after the initial "shock" and thanks to some members good advice I decided to take it easy, gentle pumping, I mean, gentle enough to not allow my breast to bruise or have any red dots or similar. And after watching carefully the evolution of my lumps I have to conclude the increase on size is PROPORTIONAL to the swelling I got on my breast.

Re nipples I am too having trouble with them as they seem to be quite sensitive and expanding a lot more than I expected, but really, getting better every day. What has helpede me a lot has been using my old medela nipple shells during the day under my bra to avoid pressure from the bra to my nipples and sleeping with nothing but my skin to give my boobs a good rest. That is really helping me a lot.

I am with Tavia, if I was you I would go to my doc to make sure everything is fine before taking a decision.

Good luck!

Teeny Tiny

Thanks for the advice ladies. And to answer your question about my size tavia, before I started noogling I was a 34A, after pumping I increase to a 36B, which of course goes down during sleeping. When I get up I'm back down to my 34A, but a full 34A instead of a loose one. I had been expanding them inside the large domes to where they would fill about 98% of the domes. Which I think may be where the red marks came from, maybe I was pumping too much too quickly.

I have also noticed that I am suffering from some nerve problems between the nipples and arm pits, which is worse in the right than in the left. Which is why I figure the right one has a lot more pain and tenderness than the left. I didn't pump any yesterday to give them a break and to see how they were, they actually shrunk back down smaller than before I ever started noogling. But I'm not too worried about that, because I had experienced shrinking a few days ago from being dehydrated and managed to get them back to filling the domes in a matter of a couple days.

And to answer your other question, yes I had one daughter with my ex-husband. Which is why I think I experienced such quick responses to noogling, they were already at least a cup larger during breast feeding, so it must have made it easier to get that cup back during noogling. Hopefully I'll be able to get everything under control so I can keep noogling and get to where I want to be, at least a full 36C.

I know it will take some time, I just have to be a little more patient, as I do not have much to work with right now, but I know sooner or later I'll get there. Anything is better than the size I am right now, even my hubby noticed that they are smaller today than they were before, but hopefully that won't be the case within a couple days.

I didn't like what was happening to my nipples either. They were getting bigger and were very sore. :-\

So, I have been taping mine down during noogling. I first used some normal medical tape. Do not do this. I got terrible red marks where the tape whas. Major skin damage. The tape used most be able to stretch. I purchased nexcare's stretchy medical tape. I used it last night. I will let you know how it works.

I think I will leave the tape on for several hours until the swelling in my breasts go down. I think this will keep them from filling up with blood and stretching out.

I will keep you posted on how this goes

Teeny Tiny

I have been considering the tape idea myself, but I have to be careful what kind of tape I use as I am allergic to latex. And most latex-free products don't stick as well. Other than the pain the nipples stretching a bit don't bother me much, it just freaked me out when I first started noogling how they become hard and change color. Maybe I could try some of those little round band-aids if I can find some large enough that are latex free. I'll figure something out.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to attach the rings on these new XL domes I just got in the mail. I can't get the rings to stretch around the bottom of the domes and stay on. I have a feeling trying to glue them on is going to be an interesting and messy situation. I ought to see if I can find some similar foam material and custom make some that will fit a little better and lock onto the domes to make gluing them easier. If I manage to design some new rings for them I'll be sure to post them for others to try to make, or maybe NB will make them and sell them.

P

Philli

After reading this thread I got the impression that newbies think that we girls have to submit to a lot of pain and discomfort for the pleasure of getting larger boobs. That's not the case and OBVIOUSLY you must be doing it wrong.

Never....never, pump up your breasts with dry domes. I did that once because I was in a hurry and wound up not being able to get the dome off when I was expanded to E size, from my normal D...but I'm digressing.

Always, always cream up your breasts with either oil or just regular body lotion before putting the dome in place prior to pumping. And remember a lot of body skin around the breast is drawn into the dome as well, so if you are getting sores under the breasts it's because the skin was dry when you expanded it.

Also, if you apply it a minute or so before beginning, it will soak into the skin and soften it up a bit before you commence.

Noogling is not self imposed torture and it is also not a miracle worker..They do not advertise big boobs in 14 days or your money back. Extreme pumping will not work any quicker than moderately high pressure without hurting yourself. If you OVER-stretch the skin ....yas... you will bruise it..its not designed designed to take that kind of punishment. Body builders do not expect great muscles in a few weeks...they work at it for months...years.

What people dont realise is that you are expanding the entire internal structure of the breast by opening up blood vessels and veins to allow more blood to flow through the tissue. THAT is what causes the 'growth'.. the more you do it, the more they will remain expanded and more blood with flow.

Too many people have entirely the wrong idea about breast expansion and have no idea about the way their body works...or can be persuaded to work with a little controlled effort on their part.

I've been noogling for over 4 years now. I started as a B and am now an almost full E.. I noogle regularly...everyday if possible ...never more than 30 mins..and very rarely 'extremely' unless I'm feeling silly, then I always wind up bruising myself..as many of the regulars know...purple boobs are known to all us XL users.

Noogling DOES work...if you do it right.

Teeny Tiny

I never ever noogle dry. I always use either cocoa butter lotion or Cetaphil which is a really good hydrating lotion, or cetaphil cream which stays moist and wet feeling longer. I don't over pump, I have never turned my breasts purple, barely even red, any slight color they do turn inside the domes disappears as soon as I take them off. I don't know what's been going on with my right breast or why it's having severe pain where the left one isn't. That's why I have been concerned about it's health.

cleo

Thanks for the post philli, its really encouraging to us newbies to know that you've grown from a B to an E through dedicated noogling and its good to know that you don't need to have these things attached to your booobs for hours on end to achieve that!! I'll be honest, I didn't really know what was happening to my boobs through noogling or what was really causing them to expand. Your explanation has helped. Maybe this should be included on the website so people can understand how exactly NB works befor they order it.

Thanks again. Best wishes. :)