SOFT Padding solution!!!!!

mommytrina

I have found a new padding solution that is the greatest!! Well I can't say I found it, actually my husband figured it out, built them for me and everything!! What a sweet guy huh?!!

The padding that came with them didn't work for me. I couldn't get suction at all. And pumping without padding hurt pretty bad after about 20 mins. So I couldn't pump for very long. And the more days I pumped the more sore I got on my ribs. (Only took 4 or 5 days to figure this out.) So my husband went on a qeust, you could say, to find me something comfortable so I could pump more. ( I think he's as eager as I am to get these Jigglers growing :) ;) :eek: ) HEE HEE!!

He finally found some padding. 1/4 inch thick, closed cell upholstry foam padding. VERY SOFT!!! You can find it at any apolstry shop. My husband got a huge piece for like $3. It'll probably depend on the place. I'll attach some pictures so you can see what it looks like. He cut three circles, different sizes, and glued them together. He made it so the lip on the cup is kinda sandwiched inside the foam. Don't need to glue the foam to the cup. I liked that so I can take them off for easy storage. I'll post measurements of the circles if anybody is interested in making them. For gluing the foam he used contact cement. You can find it Ace hardware or probably any hardware store.

I can get suction really good and it stays pretty good too. I haven't used the airlock, so I don't know how it works with that, But I would think it would work really good. Also my use of cream or oil has been cut in half. Only the residue after my massage is left and it still works wonderfully!!

Well I love my new padding, thanks to my wonderul hubby!!! Hope some of you will find this helpful. I know Noogleberry is testing a new foam, and it looks very similar, but if anyone is interested in the mean time while noogleberry is still testing here are some pics.

Attachments

• the padding.JPG
    the padding.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 373
  • Layer one.JPG
    Layer one.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 290

mommytrina

WOn't let me post all the pics at once.

Attachments

• Layertwo.JPG
    Layertwo.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 306
  • Layer three.JPG
    Layer three.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 339

mommytrina

Ok last pic. This one show how the lip of the cup fits inside the foam.

Attachments

• Allgluedtogether.JPG
    Allgluedtogether.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 344

melons

Hey Happyjigglers,

Thanks for sharing !! Can you share the dimensons of the rings and also I dont get the way to put the rings together, ould you please elaborate on that part as well ?

How has the new rings changed the nooging experience for you? I am guessing no more ring marks at all :)

waiting for your update,
melons :)

melons

also I am using XL cups as of now and I guess you are using XLs too so the dimensions/measurements should match :p

mommytrina

Hi Melons,

I"m actually using the L domes. But I asked my husband and he said if you send me the outside to outside measurement of the cup opening that he could figure the measuements for you!! He the math brain, or I would do it myself!!! :) Ha ha! We actually mad a video to put on YouTube, but wrote and asked Lucy if it was ok to do first. Waiting on her reply!! :)

It has changed noogling for me!!! I love how soft and comfortable they are!!! ;D I pumped for a while with just the bare rings and they hurt my ribs so bad after a while. They felt brusied, and then the next time I would pump it would make it even worse. Ilove the new padding!!! Sometimes I hardly know they're on me!!! ;) ;D

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Happyjigglers and these rings look great. They are similar to the new softer ones we have just made and should be available in 2 weeks;

http://www.noogleberry.com/forum/index.php/topic,2668.0.html

these also have the groove cut into them to stop the rings coming off the rings and if our new ones need improving , we could make them like yours although they would be technically more challenging as they are machine produced but i sure it would be possible. It would be worth making sure that the material you are using is safe to use on the skin though but they look great.

best wishes

Lucy :)

roadrashes

WOW thank your hubby for me too.I have the black padding for the rings but as you pump the plastic still cuts into your skin and then the padding lifts up. Hubby has been looking at different materials to help me out so This is wonderful! Definitel worth the try.

mommytrina

Hey all, this is actually Jigglers hubby, hope you dont mind. :) : Here is the video link, www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMex134ZNdM Lucy, I agree you would have to go with a medical grade foam or something similar, just to be safe. She has been using the rings for about two weeks and no irritation or anything. Biggest thing is the glue, you want it to cure completely before you use it or it smells, but I talk about that in the video. There are probably better glue options, but it has to be a tack type cement, I think you were using evo stick? Anyway, hope it helps all, it has her!

Lucy, actually if you started with a solid square shaped foam ring, it would be very easy as far as machining to cut a slot on the inside diameter of the ring, which is basically what I have done by gluing three rings together. Worth looking into, one piece of this design would be nice! Anyway, thanks all, and happy noogling!

ashley1986ann

HappyJigglers good job you your hubby. I will have to keep this in mind if my soft rings do not work for me when I get my NB. Any day now and it will be here!!

OptimisticGirl

Great idea, and super cool hubby!!!
You are so lucky!!! I really like the way he takes your concern as his and try to help you out.

Happy noogling, hun ;)