soft rings going soft

0xducesax0

hey!

I really like the benefits I get with using lucy's soft rings (no pain, more pumping time etc). However they don't seem to last long. I think they get soft from the cream i put on before pumping. Does anyone else get this? they go really soft to the point that they're not useful anymore as the cups still find their way to my breasts and so i'm back to where i was before using the soft rings. I've heard so many different alternatives (camper's tape, plaster tape,...) i'm having trouble in choosing :s

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi 0xducesax0, and thank you for your post. The rings that you are using are made from a special material that has thermoforming properties.
It may therefore be possible to reform the ring and mould it to your breast shape. Try the following with one cup ring and see what happens;

Preheat your oven/stove to 150 degress Celsius . Place your ring on a baking tray or wire tray and place in the preheat oven for about 6 mins.

Remove from the oven and when it is cool enough to touch but still pliable, place the ring back on your cup and then press firmly onto your chest for a minute or so until it has taken your shape.

Remove the cup and ring from your chest and allow to cool. Once it has cooled, the impression of you shape will remain.

Please let me know how you get on and it this helps the ring recover its original shape.

Please be careful not to burn your breast!! ;)

Best wishes

Lucy :)

Paloma

Hey 0xducesax0,

Did you try Lucy's advice yet? I'm curious about how it went - anything to report?

I don't use my rings much because they don't get a good seal and constantly leak air - any suggestions, ladies?

I thought I read somewhere here that they work better after the first time you wash them and they break down a little - has anyone found this 2 b true?

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Paloma, i would recommend trying my suggestion below of heating the rings and then moulding them to your cups and chest and this may help with the leaking. We can always send new rings if you mess it up but hopefully you will be impressed with the results.

We are working on something more silicone based which will hopefully work well.

Out of interest, which rings are you using? the white ones or grey ones?

best wishes

Teeny Tiny

One of the problems with the rings, especially if they're the older ones is that they have to be well secured to the cups to prevent any air leakage. I found using a hot glue gun works quite well, with the texture of the hot glue if any ends up where it makes contact with the skin it's more comfortable than say super glue that gets hard sharp edges that will dig into your skin and cut you, ouch! :'( Also, if you should decide you don't want to use the rings anymore it's pretty easy to peal them off and remove all of the glue from the rings. Without glueing them you may find that you can pump till you're blue in the face without being able to achieve or maintain any suction as the air slips right back in between the cups and the rings.

Hope this helps!

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Teeny Tiny, we supply a few wholesale customers and drop ship etc. These are our cups. The silicone is what we are working on but hopefully better than those as they are quite thin. Please email me off forum about the cups and im sure i can help out.

best wishes

Paloma

noogleberry said:
Hi Paloma, i would recommend trying my suggestion below of heating the rings and then moulding them to your cups and chest and this may help with the leaking. We can always send new rings if you mess it up but hopefully you will be impressed with the results.

We are working on something more silicone based which will hopefully work well.

Out of interest, which rings are you using? the white ones or grey ones?

best wishes

Hey Lucy, I'm using the grey ones, which I did trim in the center so that they would fit closer together, but that hasn't effected functionality. My sense is that the air is coming right through the spongy texture (could be wrong), which is why I thought that breaking them down a bit might allow the air holes to squash better and be more air-tight.

oooooooooh, silicone rings sound niiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccceee! When would they be on the menu?

Thanks Teeny, for the suggestion. Maybe I'll try molding them (ala Lucy) and then glueing them (ala Teeny)... letcha know how it goes.

Thanks girls :-*

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Paloma, it wont be the foam leaking because we use special closed cell foam but it must be from where the foam meets the skin or the rim of the cup. I would suggest trying heating them and moulding to the skin first so that they are shaped and then if they are still leaking, glue the rings to the cups as per Tiny's suggestion below and like i said, if you mess up, we can sort it out.

Please let us know how you get on. I should have more news about the silicone rings within a few weeks.

best wishes

Paloma

noogleberry said:
it wont be the foam leaking because we use special closed cell foam but it must be from where the foam meets the skin or the rim of the cup. I would suggest trying heating them and moulding to the skin first so that they are shaped and then if they are still leaking, glue the rings to the cups as per Tiny's suggestion below and like i said, if you mess up, we can sort it out.

Ok, great feedback Lucy, thanks very much for the input. I'll try molding them in the oven tonight.

Paloma

Hey Lucy - it worked!!!!!! ;D

Yaaaaaaaay.... so awesome! Ladies in north america - for your reference, 150 C = 300 F

No big danger of burning yourself, just needs a few seconds to cool off. They are holding the suction just fine now.

Nice work Lucy darlin'! Thank you.

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Paloma, thats great! The foam is quite amazing and it seems to take on a different form when its heated which is why it is used by podiastrists etc . Did you do it the way i said or anything different. If, so let me know how you did it step by step so i can put this info on the website for people buying the rings and with the instructions.

Im sure also that if the rings go out of shape, they can be reheated back into shape.

Let me know about the above,

best wishes

Paloma

Hey Miss Lucy,

I did it just exactly like you said to: I pre-heated my oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit (150 celsius) and when it was done pre-heating, I put one ring in the oven for 6 minutes.

I took it out... tested it with my fingers (it was hot, but not scaldingly so), blew on the side that would touch my skin a few times, then applied the ring to the dome, the ringed dome to my breast, and then pumped my breast into the cup to get full contact and proper fit on both sides (breast side, and dome side).

I waited a minute or two like that until the foam had cooled and taken on shape, and then I removed it.

Then I did the same thing with the other side.

Notes:

- I used the "convection" setting on the oven the second time, and felt the extra heat gave a little extra pliability that helped make the shape even more perfect.

- I followed the new ring shaping procedure with an hour pumping session to help the foam really set. Don't know if it's necessary, but it worked great for me, and the rings now hold the shape of my torso.

- I'm laying my foam rings somewhere they won't get squished or folded or anything, but if they did I have little doubt they could be molded back into shape. But for longevity's sake, it does seem best to preserve them as is, since baking the rings made the texture a little shinier, indicating that the heating process prolly does break the foam down slightly.

Now they don't lose suction and feel fairly comfortable! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! (crowd goes wild) Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! ;D

laura

I tried this and it ruined mine :-\ i did just like was said but the rim which would normally hold the cups got abit bigger so now instead of fitting the cups in and them staying on the now have room to move about. Agrhh am so stressed, cant wait for mi medium cups n rings tomorrow then i can hopefully, finally start noogleberry! Lol

Paloma

Hmmm - Laura, I wonder if it stretched the ring part out because when you attempted to fit them, your breast didn't fit into the dome really securely?

COuld that be the case? Are you still growing into the domes you used when shaping the rings?

For me, I'd been using these domes without the rings for quite a while, so by the time I went to shape the rings I was already at a point where my boob would really fit in there in force the right fit.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. Maybe you should try again a few times, heating the ring up and trying to mold it into a good shape for you... since it already ruined it, can't hurt...

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Laura, as Paloma said it would be worth retrying and when you place the hot rings on your chest, just squeeze them in to the base of the cup. Also you will find that because your breasts are too small for the cups, there is more room and as they grow they rings will probably be ok but if not, we can always make you a new set for free which are slightly smaller so that when heated they are the right size. Hopefully though soon we'll have new silicone rings.

best wishes

laura

Im going to give it another try when iv got the kids in bed because my medium cups and rings didnt turn up today :( i was sooo disappointed when the post man shoved a phone bill through my letter box then walked off haha! Have to see if they come monday :( trouble is my post can turns up anything from 9 am to 2pm so it means staying in waiting for him coming its so annoying how late they turn up! :mad:

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Laura, they were sent first class but saturday delivery is not always a certainty. It is not recorded delivery so you could just leave a note on the door for them to the leave the parcel somewhere.

best wishes

laura

I will do if i need to go anywhere :) keep trying with the large and managing to get some suction but then it gets lose through the rings as they have got slightly bigger so the cups keep popping through if i start pumping hard :( frustrated! Lol

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Laura, dont worry, as i said, we can make you a new set of large rings when you need them.

best wishes