Starting NBE with DHEA.

WillBeSexC

So today I went to RiteAid (its a USA drugstore for everyone who might not know) and i got 2 bottles of DHEA. Each was 6.99 dollars but, it was buy one get A SECOND FREE! Awesome. each bottle has 60 caps. 25mg per cap. So Im good for ... 4 months! Great. The bottles recommendation says to take ONE 25mg CAP , daily.
Is this good? Anyone with experience?

I originally wanted to start with maca powder. Im starting with DHEA because, I went to the chemist in my town and THEY'RE CLOSING DOWN! The story was almost empty. 90 percent empty. I asked for maca root caps, powder, extract... None. They're closing down. The nearest one is like 13 miles away. Ugh. And, I dont have a car because I live in new york city. Great. So Im gonna start with DHEA, and maybe in two or three weeks Ill do some more investigating on which herb I should get next. Suggestions? That would be great.

Also, yesterday I was laid off from my job of 2 years, along with 19 others. Wish me luck in this terrible economy.

Im sorry Im not my usually, cheery, bubbly self. Boyfriend and friends noticed. Im just really down. Hoping dhea helps a little. I have minor depression.

xo , Lola

Teeny Tiny

Sorry to hear about your job, hopefully things turn around for you for the better. As far as the DHEA goes, I would highly recommend getting a hormone screening first, if you haven't already, before taking DHEA. I recently had one done and found all my hormones are in balance except my DHEA, it is high, which is not good, and depression can be one of the many symptoms of it, as well as many, many other things. Taking DHEA is never recommended without knowing where your DHEA hormone stands normally, so please check it out before you risk your health, nothing's worth that, not even bigger breasts. :-X

WillBeSexC

Oh hunny i had my hormones tested last month around the 9th or tenth i believe. I have low iron levels. (my periods are screwed up) i also have a thyroid problem which is why im always getting my levels checked. I didnt ask about taking DHEA. and thanks, I hope everything takes a turn for the better too.

Strumpet

I don't know much about herbs so I can't offer any helpful advice, but I'm sorry to hear about your unemployment. :( Hope things turn around for you!

Lily13

You really should get your DHEA-S levels checked before taking it. If you are already too high, you will break out in acne, have an increase in facial hair, loss of head hair and feel very oily.

25mg is usually too much for a woman to be honest and starting on that high of a dose all at once, I would highly recommended against it.

WillBeSexC

Tomorrow will be a week Im on DHEA, my "period acne" went away, Im bursting with energy, sleeping better, having better sex, having better dreams .... I feel great, amazing actually.
My personality is better, Im less irritable than I usually am around this time, mom and boyfriend noticed. Around this time I usually get very headachey, feel absolutely disgusting, and want to just crawl in a dark hole and stay there! Worst feeling ever. Dread that week.
Usually I have ovulation spotting (which is very, very dark and but my gyno has said it is very normal and I've had it for as long as I can remember, Im sure a lot of you ladies have it as well) and... I started ovulation spotting yesterday, (which I usually get it around the 17-20th and it is now the 24th) and it is VERY slight, not interfering with my life as it usually does (Im usually constantly changing my panty liner every 3 or so hours, not because it used to be a lot; but because the feeling ... is disgusting, makes me feel dirty..).
My boobies are feeling BOUNCIER, HEAVIER and.. they look rounder! I cant stop looking at them in the mirror before I shower or something. So fun! When I walk (especially when I run) they're like boom boom boom boom! BEST feeling ever. They also feel tingley and... itchy to be honest! Can I also include that my hips are looking wider to me? It may be my eyes playing tricks on me.... hopefully not.
I dont mean to vent, but my life has been very busy lately (been looking for a job, looking high and low, everyday and every night, endlessly, with no luck - THIS ECONOMY SUCKS) and also helping out my grandparents at their house which is 2 trains and a bus ride away from mine (very time consuming). I am assuming that my DHEA levels may have been just a tiny bit lower than the norm, but whatever it is that's going on, I'm very happy with it. However, I really, really, should get it checked. I have to stop procrastinating. It's a terrible habit of mine.

I have nothing negative to say about taking this supplement, yet.

Note to self: get DHEA-5 levels checked out.

Teeny Tiny

Sounds like you've had some positive side affects so far, but one week is kind of short to see what affect it will have in the long term. You should definitely still get your levels checked, both DHEA and testosterone as DHEA is supposed to feed testosterone. Hopefully you don't experience any adverse reactions, but please be careful, DHEA is nothing to mess around with unless you're tested and diagnosed low and prescribed or recommended taking it. I was thinking about trying it a while back, but not knowing where my hormone levels stood I decided to wait, now I'm glad I did.

Lily13

Everything you have described are the good effects of DHEA. Let me warn you that usually the first 2-4 weeks on it are amazing and after that the feelings typically aren't as good. I've been taking DHEA for over 2 years now, so I have some experience with it. The good feelings will still be there, but not as awesome as before. If that happens to you, that's when you should get your levels checked (it is called DHEA-S not DHEA-5) before you even attempt to increase dose. 25mg for a woman is a lot. I don't know of any women who can take that much on a long term basis. These are women who have a medical condition which keeps their bodies from producing it too. Most take 12.5mg split up within the day, but they also use the sublingual form which absorbs better.

My boobs aren't bigger on it at all though. That's very interesting. ;) It's likely shifting your estrogen/progesterone balance this month. Sounds like you ovulated later, so you'll have to see what happens. Right now your body has all of this new DHEA and it is making estrogen and testosterone. Once it gets used to that supply, I find it tends to chill out some and you don't feel as amazing on it. haha I dunno why.

It sounds like it's really helped you for the time being, so enjoy it. Be sure to call your doc too. :p DHEA-S is a more sensitive test than DHEA, so try to push for the first one.

WillBeSexC

Yeah, I've read about everything you're both describing.
You never know until you try! But Ill keep track of it...
I'll do a weekly update.

thanks so much. xoxo Lola
Oh and PS ill get to the doctor asap. :)

WillBeSexC

hi guys, I've had some minor improvements! they feel heavier and fuller! It feels great! They also more of a rounded shape to them...
It's going to be a month in a few days since starting DHEA. I have never skipped a day, I am full of energy, my acne is literally gone, reduced PMS symptoms and i dont know what this is from but - softer skin! Especially on my hands where they get really dry during the winter. they feel so much better than they did last winter.

In addition I have started drinking Vanilla Soy milk! Its sooooo good! I drink about 4 or 5 glasses per day, and even in my cereal its so good. Its been 2 days. Ill report back in a week. No changes yet, but my girl friend was telling me about her sister in law who drank soy milk everyday for about 4 months and her boobs and butt began to change and get bigger (she couldnt drink regular milk for two reasons : she was vegan and lactose intolerant).

So just a quick update. Ill come back in a week. Sorry for the poor grammer, Im rushing to leave! Lol.

Love, Lola xo

Teeny Tiny

Soy doesn't effect everyone the same way. I can't eat or drink anything with soy, it makes me sick, which sucks because I love Chinese food, so every now and then I eat some anyway, then just have to deal with the side effects later. The other reason I can't do soy is because it is very estrogenic, which can throw hormones out of balance and just to give you a heads up can be counter productive for someone using DHEA and other products like BO. When it comes to protein for breast growth whey protein is the best, so if you have lactose sensitivity you might try using some shamrock farms lactose free milk and drinking whey protein shakes with it. Regardless I would definitely limit the amount of soy intake as soy is not good for the body in more ways than one, especially for someone who has high blood sugar problems.

WillBeSexC

WOW... Its been forever since I last visited the NB website.

Since then I have ...
-stopped dhea ... saw no change at all (measured once a week for 3 months)
-developed a love for soy milk (even though there was ZERO change in boob size; again, I measured)
-gone to the gyno:
Starting LoEstrin 24FE as soon as period comes. I was due the 31st, no period. Of course. Just my luck. This ones gonna be a little long... So anyways, long story short, I have polycystic ovaries, which is why my periods are either nonexistant (for any # of months), early, late, weird.. etc. I also have an OUTRAGEOUS amount of testosterone - which explains my lovely acne. It's terrible. The estrogen/testosterone ratio is not in balance at all. But since I have not yet been gifted by mother nature (going on the 3rd month now) I cannot start BC yet. (LoEstrin 24FE requires the user to take the first pill on the Sunday that you get your period.. ex. I get my period on a Thursday. I do not take it until 3 days later, which is Sunday).
-tomorrow Jan. 2nd, I am going to the dermatologist for my acne, and also a large, itchy, red, flaky, (did I mention firetruck red) patch on my right wrist. Unrelated, but yeah. It might be my psoriasis spreading. Awesome. Just what I need. (quick fact: acne and excessive body hair is a possible result of polycystic ovaries, because of the unbalanced testosterone:estrogen ratio. Thank Goodness im not getting the excessive body hair!)
-January 3rd, Tuesday, I am going to the ENDOCRINOLOGIST who my gyno says might tell me to start taking BC right away. I am honestly not sure why my gyno wants me to go to the endo. Hmm. Forgot what gyno said. Damn it!

I know I shouldn't, but I feel that my last resort is BC. I'll try LoEstrin 24FE. If nothing - ask to switch. Rinse and repeat. If this doesnt work its magic within a year or two (possibly three), well let's just say I have already started to save up...

I've also been really down lately. I cant stand looking in the mirror. Its not even just the boobies.... every small flaw is eating away at me. The acne, the boobs, the butt (which is plentiful but way too much for my 4'11, 102lb, 32A frame). Honestly, I feel like my shoulders are very very broad or wide for my body. Silly I know.
I also recently dyed my hair a completely different color hoping it would make me feel better. The BF is in love with it (he says I look sexy/pretty all the time but for some reason I just dont believe him; he is also very aware of my self-esteem issues and he gets so angry when I say "thank you" but he can read my face so well - he knows I dont believe him. He blows up and doesnt talk to me for hours) but Im not feeling it as much as he does. A medium blonde to pitch black is a big jump.

I have been going nuts try to understand why I need to go to the endo. I've asked friends, mom, grandma, aunt, cousin, and wikipedia, hormone.com, etc, etc, etc, etc but no one seems to know why! If you've got any input, I'd love to hear it. You ladies are very very smart. Wish I knew as much as you all do.

Not sure if anyones really gonna care to read all this nonsense, but I feel like I need to vent it all. If you read it, I hope you can kinda feel what Im feeling.

Happy new years everyone. Hope 2012 is better than 2011 :)

Strumpet

Gosh, sounds like your medical stuff is really complicated. At least you're all checked up now, right? Hope it all sorts out!

You probably have a nice tush. As someone from the "other side", let me tell you I have no butt at all and it looks very strange. There's nothing wrong with a pear-shape body, wide hips are a sign of fertility and loveliness. I'm a bit jealous. :p And shoulders are usually the widest part of the body, especially so if you're thin (this is actually why they pick those tall, androgynous models for the runway - they have bodies like coat hangers). So you have nothing to worry about :)

As to why you're sent to an endocrinologist, hmm. I guess it's possible your gyno thinks there's a hormonal or androgen cause to your acne or something. I don't think that's typical to do before taking BC, but you mentioned your testosterone is through the roof (and testosterone and DHEA are secreted in the adrenal glands which is in the scope of the endo).

WillBeSexC

Yes Im not exactly what you'd call "pear shaped" but I AM very Italian, and we have big tushies! Haha. Im pretty thin but very short. Could never be a model. Lol...

I had a blood test and my female:male hormones ratio is WAYYY out of whack. my body makes way too much androgen, yeah.

Thanks Strumpet, I understand better as to why Im going to the endo. Thanks a bunch :)