Still cannot stop smoking HELP

Cheryl1989-1989

For the past 3 years or so i have been on a mission to stop smoking ;D but i cant :( i have tried everything from gum to patches, electronic cigarettes and will power alone but the longest i have gone without one was 6 days, pathetic i know ::) i really dont know what i can do to kick the habit, i mean i do enjoy maybe 5 cigarettes in the day and i smoke about 20, more if im bored or stressed, its costing me a fortune and i know its very unhealthy. So please if anyone has any ideas out the box let me know, maybe we could start our own quit smoking support group if anyone is the same as me lol

Hugs Cheryl xxxx

BustyBabe

Have you ever tried hypnosis? Some people claim to have their cravings erased in the first session! I've seen some free ones but I don't know how good they are. Might be worth a shot.

Another thing you could do is pinpoint what you get out of smoking, and replace that with a healthier habit. Bored or lonely? How about calling a friend. Stressed out? How about meditating. Or doing something you absolutely love whenever you get a craving to smoke.

James

Never smoked myself, but among my friends, those that were successful just went cold turkey. They just decided one day that they had their last cigarette and stopped. No gradual reduction, no tobacco gum or patches.

Cheryl1989-1989

Thanks both, i have done it all but always give in :( i guess i have terrible will power, hypnosis could be a possibility though ? i have never tried that and would love to give it a go, i guess it doesent help being around people that smoke and both my sisters do and alot of my friends, it feels very sociable when theres a group of you, but very anti-social when your with non smokers and you have to go and stand outside on your own, I guess ill look into it some more ;D thanks again.

Hugs Cheryl xxxx

ommtan

can't stop smoking
I never smoked but judging from how people say it is, I could really make for how hard it really is when you ultimately decide to stop smoking already. And even those who are more committed could even experience withdrawal effects that proves to be much of a killer than going with smoking to begin with.

It just depends and is different per individual. So you should really keep watch over it.

K

KittyKat

I quit cold turkey for two years and though I have picked it up again now (due to extreme boredom -_- ) I do NOT HAVE to smoke. I smoke now because I choose to, but I'm now at a mindset where I can say no and not smoke for months at a time then pick one up and have it without falling back into the habit. I initially stopped smoking when I had horrible anxiety where I was obsessed with getting a heart attack. Fear was my motivator.

I believe it's like emotional eating. You just have to identify WHY it is that you smoke. Is it the chemical addiction? Is it the pleasure of smoking? Or like me, are you just bored and smoking provides a nice pause and REALLY says 'break' like nothing else can? That was my problem. I had to stop seeing smoking as pleasurable. But of course, I then went on to food..
I honestly think that if my life was more exciting or if I was more willing to explore its pleasure, smoking would not be an issue for me. But that's just me. I wish you all the best of luck Cheryl! Remember, it's all in the self-control and some good distraction.

Cheryl1989-1989

Hey Kat, i think you got some thing there, i smoke alot of the time because of boredom and in my case stress, i suffer from stress and anxiety and smoking just gives me that escape, now im out of work my smoking has increased because im bored. I do need to get something to keep me occupied, may be a nice man would be nice lol ;) none of them on the horizon though. But im going to try hypnosis i think, give it a go and see :p you never know ;D thanks hun.

Hugs Cheryl xxxx