Strange Ring Marks

lexuswoman

OK, I finally got my NB Extra Large yesterday and I'm very happy with the new cups, I needed the width and depth of the XL's, my breasts always felt like they were being crammed into the CL's, maybe that's why I could never get them to work. Anyways, I also bought some soft rings to help get a better seal with the farts. I am able to get the cups to seal, I only tried one at a time though. I tried them on after doing my nightly massage with Bio-oil so my breasts and chest area were lubricated. I pumped and pumped to get a seal and only had the cups on for a few minutes, if that long and when I took them off, I had really weird ring marks that wouldn't go away. I have a half circle above each breast and its made up of tiny red dots and what looks like scraped skin. I got them the first time I tried Noogling with the CL's and it took 5 days for them to go away. I get red ring marks with the Brava, but they go away quickly and they look nothing like these and I don't even put on any lotion before I put on my brava. Do I need to put lotion higher up above my breasts too? I"m going to get some cocoa butter cream at walmart this weekend. By then the ring marks should be gone and I can maybe give it another try. Needless to say, I was back to make up on my chest this morning. And, I'm ready to tell him that I want to "start exercising my breasts at night" like I exercise my arms, legs and tummy in the morning. And, I've already got my speech planned out when he says, oh that's crap and a waste of time. I'll tell him to go Google "Nonsurgical Breast Enlargement Using an External Soft Tissue Expansion System". Well, he ain't gonna do that, so he'll take my word for it when I tell him its a real article from a plastic and reconstructive surgery medical journal, which is 100% true. But, I need to find a way to allieviate these ring marks because if after my first use, I get ring marks like these and I have the thing on for minutes and not hours, he's not going to want me to Noogle because he'll think it is damaging my skin. Any help, suggestions or ideas?

Ex

Hi!
Those sound the like the ring marks described after over pumping? I used to get them with my Brava system. Someone (one of the regulars here) suggested arnica gel to remove them - it is supposed to help with bruising. If they look like little pinpricks, those are the over-pumping marks. They are actually bruising in the layers of the skin - like a hickey. Maybe use less pressure and build up gradually, and I think the oil is supposed to extend to past the place where the cups sit.

I haven't received my NB system yet, but is it like the Brava where you move the place where the cups go so that they don't sit in the exact same place all the time? I know I had to do that with my Brava - angle the cups a little different each time, and that is what helped get rid of my ~ I'd move it over a half an inch here or there, but the Brava domes aren't perfectly round. Sometimes I would have the tops tilted toward each other on top, the next night, closer at the bottom. I hope the arnica works, but I have read several posts about it being effective. I think it is going to be a process with lots of adjustments.

lexuswoman

Hey, thanks!

The ring marks happen because I'm just pumping trying to get a seal so the domes don't fart off. When I first put them on last night, I was pumping and they were farting, til finally I pressed down hard enough to get them to seal. If I'm overpumping its because I'm trying to get the cups on to begin with. I can put on brava cups with no lotion on my skin, get a perfect seal, pump hard and not get any of that hickey brusing, which I think is exactly what it is. The NB domes are perfectly round whereas the Brava domes are more oval shaped with a clearly marked Left and right. I haven't really gotten to wear the NB to know if you can move the cups around to different places like the Brava. I have to say, the Brava cups are much more comfortable, that big soft silicone ring give so much padding and really helps keep a good, tight seal. I guess I need a good lubricant and slather it on before I try to NB.

monkata_iv

Hey I am having the saaame problem! I've been noogling for 3 weeks now and everything was perfectly fine till today, it's awful ... I searched "red dots" in the forum and a lot of topics came up. Basically it's because of the pressure and I was sure I am not overpumping, but everybody says it's because of overpumping. The red dots are broken capillaries. Everybody is suggesting arnica gel which is for bruises, damaged tissue and stuff like that so it should work. I have calendula which I read online is also good... Anyway I am not noogling till I get rid of them, this is what I got from today, not nice!

photo-1.jpg

S

sissy2345

Not to oppose over pumping as the reason, but for me, it happens on occasion and it's always because of a small leak. It's the result of unequal pressure. A tiny pin hole leak, or mini crack that does not seem to penetrate the entire dome, has given me the the same result.

I find the crack/leak and repair and the problem is gone. Sometimes it can be in the hose line, and I have also managed to solve it by cutting a small piece off the line, and reattach. It's a pain when it happens, because I have to stop pumping, sometimes work for hours finding the leak, and then lay off for a day or so until the broken blood vessels subside, otherwise they can become permanent.

monkata_iv

I was thinking about what you are saying as well but it didn't sound that logical in my head earlier. But now that I read your comment and think about it again, I think you are right, because today I changed cups from medium to large and the seal wasn't very good as I am having some leaks because of the bigger cup. I wasn't pumping that hard, and the red dots are not everywhere just on one place, so maybe you are right.. A lot of people say that when they put the silicon rings they get the red dots and with the silicon rings it's hard to get a good seal because of air leaks.

Ex

I am sure there is a learning curve and lots of experimentation. I am 99% sure that I will be getting bruises figuring it out. I had a heck of a time getting the Brava domes on for about a week and then all of a sudden they stayed on and worked fine like flicking a switch. I remember thinking I was sure stupid to shell out all that money to not be able to have huge plastic boobs. My husband didn't even notice them until the 3rd or 4th night - and I wasn't even trying to hide them. I thought that was a little bizarre.

The Brava domes are nicely padded, but the adhesive stuff always gave me rashes, and I had the pinprick bruising along the top edges along the center. I also had to be careful not to moisturize before using them because, for me, the adhesive wouldn't hold then.

I hope the soft rings work, I ordered two sets. It said on the description that the new rings contoured better and are leak proof. I am so excited to start - hoping my system arrives this week. All the tracking says is that it made it through sorting in New York. I had to leave all day to go to the doctor, and I was glad to see that I didn't miss it.

;D

lexuswoman

Isn't it amazing how our bodies are all so different? I find the Brava domes so easy to put on and they never gave me any skin irritations. But, that photo that was posted in this thread is what my skin looks like, only the pin prick marks are in a semi-circle shape above each breast. They look a lot better today, I've been putting bio-oil on them twice a day and I think that is helping. I have tried to put just the cups on with no rings and there are too many little gaps between the cup and my skin where the air is leaking out and the more I pump, the more the cups fart. I need the cup rings to help the cups seal and to provide some cushion between the cup and my chest. I know a lot of people are saying that i was over pumping, I was just pumping away to get the cup to seal up, once I got it locked onto my chest, I didn't go crazy pumping it. Maybe the more lotion I put, the better it will be. But, before I tell my husband, I gotta figure out to not get these pin prick marks above each breast. I've read about arnica gel, is something that you can buy at a pharmacy like walgreens?

monkata_iv

Hey I took a break so I didn't noogle for two days and the dots completely disappeared I didn't put any oil, just twice some calendula cream and today my skin looks fine, I am gonna start tomorrow again. And I'll be careful, but I think you are right if you put on extra oil before putting the cups then you'll get a better seal more quickly and easily. :)

bikerlady

Lexuswoman - what kind of lotion are you using?

When I started noogling I tried baby oil and could not get a seal at all with that.
I tried quite a few different lotions and couldn't get a decent seal with them either.

I found that cocoa butter works good for me as it is thicker and fills in all the little "gaps" better.
I've also had good success using olive oil, which I like as it is less messy than the cocoa butter.

lexuswoman

That's what I'm using, I have both cocoa butter cream and lotion, but I haven't really gotten a chance to see which works best. I haven't much time alone to try it out. My other problem is after I get the lotion on, my hands are so greasy I have a hard time holding onto the pump! I guess I'll figure it out before long! Thanks!

bexy

hey im so glad you posted this as i get the same red dots. I get them either spread out and also on m nipples, or concentrated together, or witht the foam rings as you described the cup marks but made up of red/purple dots, looked like wierd brusing, this i only got with the foam rings. some of the red dots on my nipple actually look like blood on the surface but its not bleeding. but i aslo suffer eszma on my nipples and the nB irritates this. Its so annoying as im just not getting anywhere with it!!!

lexuswoman

Rupert,

Sounds like we've had the same problem. I've only tried my extra large nb one time, I haven't had time to try it again. I've just been using my brava in the meantime. But the time I did try it, I got those ring marks above each breast, and they looked exactly like you described, like they were made up of bruise dots. I noticed that the part of my breast that was in the dome turned darker. I got those little red dots on my breasts too. I keep reading to use more cream. I thought the foam rings and roomier cups would've solved this problem. I get red marks from the Brava, but they go away within minutes, the ones I got from the NB took 4 or 5 days to clear up. I finally told my husband about part of my nbe program, but I'm waiting to talk to him about the nb until I can get the skin issues resolved. If he sees that something looks like its damaging my skin, he's not going to want me doing it. I just haven't had a chance to try again.

Ex

I hope you guys figure out what works for you. It is so frustrating to get these systems and then have problems just trying to use it.

Lexus ~ your experience with the NB is exactly what I had with the Brava. I'd sit in the bathroom swearing while trying to figure out how to get the domes set up and attached, only to have one of them drop or fall off while trying to position them, hold them in place, and get the pump started. Then I got to walk around for weeks with the bruising and ring marks. (Didn't know about arnica gel until I found this board).

Rupert ~ what do you use to treat your eczema? I wonder if it would help with the marks on your nipples if you apply your eczema treatment to your nipples when you noogle. I hope they don't hurt, as they sound fierce.

The flattynatty video Matt suggested does help. I also wipe my hand on a paper towel after getting everything greased up before applying the NB cups. The tip of bending over so your breasts hang down and then apply the cups also helped my breast tissue and skin on the side of the rib cage. The first couple of times with the NB after the rings arrived, I had weird red patches on my ribs, under my arms. I figured out that the skin there was getting stretched too much during pumping. I put arnica gel on that, and it was gone in a couple of hours. Oh, and I tried to get arnica gel/cream at Walgreen's and they looked at me like I was nuts, so I got some on Amazon.

For everything to work well, especially the cups staying on with the NB, I oil up like an oil slick. When they say to use "a lot," they aren't kidding. I think it gets easier with practice. The first couple of times, the cups would fart off if I moved at all. Getting them on was a trick, too. I just kept telling myself that if I could get proficient at getting the Brava on, I could do this, too. I think they are more comfortable since they don't weigh as much. Don't give up on playing with them. I have no trouble getting them on at all now. It really does get easier with practice. :-* Figuring out what works is an experiment - one that continues.

Ex

Oh, and smearing Vaseline on the cup rings in addition to putting oil or moisturizer on your breasts helps the cups to stay on much better with less pressure.

lexuswoman

Hey Ex!

Isnt' it crazy how different we all really are? I can put on the Brava domes in the dark without any trouble. I think the reason the Brava domes are easier for me is they have the sticky surface, so at least there's something to adhere to your chest while you're pumping or using the smartbox. My nb domes have been sitting under my bed for several weeks now, I just haven't gotten any time to get out my cocoa butter cream and see how things go. My husband hasn't met his friends in a while and I've had no alone time. I do on rare occasions go home for lunch, but usually then I'll just dome up with the Brava for 30-45 minutes before going back to work. I don't want to experiment with the nb on my lunchbreak. I've watched the flattynatty video several times and she moves effortlessly through putting those cups on like its a dance or something. I read where noor is going to cut holes in her brava bra so the nb tubes can stick out and not get kinked up, which seems like a good idea. I sold my brava bra on ebay b/c I didn't use it, I'd just put on a tank top with the brava instead, but maybe I should try a tight fitting sports bra with the nb and see how it works. Somewhere I'm going to find the magic forumula and shout Eureka! I've found it! :D

Ex

Sounds weird, but I am going to buy a maternity bra to hold the cups on. ;D Some of them, when you drop the flap to nurse, have an open outline that still goes all the way around the breast. I think it might help with moving around while wearing them. I don't know about being able to close the flaps, but I think the outline framework would help hold them on when I bend over and such. I tried to use my Brava bra without cutting holes in it, but it actually pulled down on the cups for me, making them come off. I think I am going to bite the bullet and list my Brava system on Craigslist. It is probably good I didn't cut it up.

It sounds like our experiences are exactly the opposite! :)One thing I like about the NB is it so light weight. After I get going, it doesn't even feel like it is there. I think once you play with it a little bit, you'll get the hang of it. In the video by FlattyNatty, the most important part is to bend the tubing on the cup you're not filling and then switch (make sure you bend the tube on the breast you just pumped before releasing the other one to pump). I think if you can use both systems, it might actually work better - switching things up so the body doesn't adjust too fast and stall. Plus being able to control the pressure is great, too. But if I remember right, you are manually doing the Brava, too, so that isn't an issue.

I love this forum. It is so nice to have someone to discuss this stuff with and commiserate. It is also great to have access to this huge library of information as well as creativity in solving some of the problems with NBE.

Well, I am off to bed. I have to pretend to be a responsible adult tomorrow and chaperone a field trip.

Ciao! :-*

lexuswoman

Hey Ex!

Have a great time on that field trip. Ahh, the end of school is upon us! That's a really neat idea about the maternity bra, someone else suggested getting a large sports bra that zips at the front, like the Brava bra. I agree with you that the NB domes are much lighter weight than the brava. I think the only thing about the Brava domes that makes them easier for me to put on is the soft sticky silicone rim. I need to brainstorm and find something that I use like that with my NB. The XL cups are perfect and much roomier than the CL's. I never could get the curve of the CL's lined up with my chest curve and I'd always end up getting it turned around and it would dig into my ribs.

Yes, I am doing manual suction with my brava, but I wish that I had a smartbox, I'd like to try both ways and use the smartbox with the NB domes. I've had something strange happen lately. Last week, my breasts were looking awesome. I got my period on Friday and noticed that I'd lost an inch, but I'm still holding at 38 inches across. Before that, I was up to 39 inches, with nice plumpness. I don't know what's happened, but since this period, now when I wear my Brava, as soon as I take it off, I don't have the swelling I did before, and even wearing it for a few hours, I'd get good fullness, now all I get is my nipples and areola "shrivel up" and my breasts aren't any fuller/bigger than before I put the domes on. They actually look smaller. I haven't changed the pressure and I know I'm not overpumping since my breasts aren't turning red or purple and I don't have any red dots, marks, bruising, etc. My nipples are sore, so I don't know if I should give the Brava a rest and keep doing my video and massage.

This forum is great isn't it, we're our own researchers and support system for one another. We're all in this together!

Have a great day! I just PM-ed you! :D