The Doctors mentions Brava System!

kristyn22

Hey everyone!

Just a little tidbit, today's episode of the The Doctors featured the Brava System as a possible means to increase breast size without surgery. I was rather surprised by this; in most cases it seems the breast augmentation industry wants to keep possible successful alternatives to surgery secret, and claim there is NO way they would work. I know that an episode of The Doctors that I saw about a month ago was discussing herbal supplements and how there is no scientific proof they would work to increase bust size. I was very surprised they had a segment on this, and especially that they admitted that it could possibly work!

Just thought I'd share ;D seems like breast pump systems are starting to finally gain attention in the mass media.

Kris

mjkimm55

Starting out as AA!
I actually called up a plastic surgeon in Charlotte, NC cuz I had a question about the fat transfer breast augmentation, and he said that the Brava has to be worn for 6-10 weeks before the procedure. I asked him if Noogleberry would work instead of Brava, and he ended up looking up Noogleberry (haha I made a plastic surgeon look this up) and he said results will take much longer from the Noogleberry than the Brava but it could work. He said that it probably also has to do with the materials NB is made out of. So, I have proof that a plastic surgeon even said that NB can work. I personally think that for some people, NB works better than Brava.

Y

yourcuties

Brava has been around for quite a while now and has always gotten media attention thru out the yrs as an alternative to surgery.
Its just that i think NB is waaaay better.
Brava did nothing 4 me

kristyn22

That's really interesting mjkimm55! I remember seeing a post about Anastasia discussing that as well :)

yourcuties, I knew it had been in the media somewhat... but it just really surprised me it was on such a widespread and high-viewership show ;) I've never used Brava, just NB, but from this forum there are quite a few people who seem to agree Brava didn't work for them, and that NB is much better ;D

I definitely came across Brava in my research wayyy before I ever heard of NB. But let me tell ya, I'm sooo glad I did! Soo much cheaper :)

Kris

ashley1986ann

I wore the brava for 10 or 12 hrs a day/night for 3 or5 months something like that. I never got swelling. Just blisters from the rims. I think the Nb work work better because its at hier presser than the brava. Because it cost more dose not mean it works better.

But that is funny that a plastic surgeon would say the brava does work. Most of them would say no because they just want your money.

I just remember maybe about 2 year agao on the news on the tv I heard a bra to make your breast bigger ( did not see it on the tv just heard it on the tv ) I was thinking to myself what the hell that got to be a scam. so I think now maybe it was the brava they where talking about.

Maybe it did not work on my because im just to small? And my skin is just to Sensitive.

But im glade that the NB has work for me so far!

lexuswoman

I think the only reason they probably mentioned the Brava was because it was invented by a plastic surgeon, its been for sale for over 10 years, and they were also answering that girl's question about non-surgical breast enlargement. Also, maybe because the NB originated in the UK and just recently began being sold here, they weren't aware of it. I would like to know if a doctor invented the NB as well. I find it interesting that Brava requires 10 hours a day for 10 weeks where the NB is only an hour a day or so and more people are getting results from the NB. I would think that the NB provides much higher suction than the Brava. I tried the NB and had too much pain from the cups, I tried everything to allievate the pain and discomfort, but there was nothing that helped. I ended up getting a Brava, but I don't use the Sport Box, I manually suction the air and close the tubes with binder clips, I get much more suction that way, but not so much that I'm in pain or get dark spots on my boobs.

Y

yourcuties

Yes it really is weird that NB works better 4 most of us who have been able 2 compare it with Brava.
I think perhaps because the Brava is used under a much lower pressure than NB, that is y it is promoted as being the best alternative. Because NB is used under a much higher pressure, there is way more risk of damaging the breasts if we r not careful and over pumping etc.

34asm

to say that brava is a scam is a little harsh in my opinion. i had the reversed experience. it took me 4 months of using NB to get any resemblance of a swelling at all. one and a half year later of using NB with only a 2 weeks break, i can't even say for sure that i've grown half a cup. i recently started using brava and had swelling from the first night, and is having better swelling than i did with NB. i still have my NB to use on the days that i can't put in enough hours with the brava.

if i hadn't use the NB and went straight to brava, maybe i wouldn't have gotten swelling right away.

for me personally, i don't regret the past 1.5 yr of NG (even though wether or not i grew from it is questionable). but obviously the NB is not the best choice of NBE for me. i'm glad i'm giving brava a try and i'm loving the morning swelling.

ashley1986ann

I did not mean it in that way. Its befor I new about the brava. I just heard the new TV says a bra to make your breast bigger and I was thinking to myself its got to be a scam. This was about 2 or 3 years agao. This I was doing some read on NBE I found brava. I tryed it was not for me tryed the NB and its working for me. I was not calling brava a scam.

I did not like the brava because I got blister all the time from the rims it was the sticky stuff my skin did not like.

I think brava works better on people who have some kinda of breast tissue and NB for people who really does not. im very small like an AA or even an AAA cup.

I have been noogling for 1 yr and 4 months and the last 4 months I been having good swelling really good swelling..

Im sorry if I put it off as the brava was a scam.

Matt B

For all on this thread,and thanks Kris. Not only are the pump systems gaining attention,but NBE is also on the rise.You can't tell me these doctors don't know about the phytoestrogenic effects of herbs like fenugreek,red clover,fennel, pm etc.Hell,60% of our drugs are derived from herbs!
They don't want us taking care of ourselves or enhancing things without them!C'mon,if we as citizens can get this info you think they can't?Why do you think the big push is on to regulate vitamins and supplements?If you don't believe me look up Codex Alimentarious.Drug companies want us to have to have a prescription for vitamin C! And,if we as consumers don't speak up they will win.
As for scientific proof of things,there are many many maladies that can be cured naturally and have been for years.The problem is there is no money in it for big pharma so they denigrate them and say they won't work so we will "Go to the Doctor!!

Okay,end of rant.We know this stuff works. Matt B ;)

o

kristyn22

Very good point Matt... I completely agree. All their "remedies", aka intrusive and dangerous surgeries, are what makes the big bucks. If widespread society began to truly discover the healing and aesthetic uses of herbs and other non-invasive and inexpensive alternatives to surgery, medical and pharmaceutical revenue would be in serious jeopardy. That's mainly what surprised me about this segment; not that they showed it per say, but that they actually admitted (at least indirectly) that it could possibly work.

Kris

lexuswoman

Matt and Kris,

Very well said. I too believe that the medical community (doctors, drug companies) doesn't want patients to learn the benefit of herbal remedies because it would cut into their income. An example, I had a benign brain tumor 5 years ago, it was a freak thing, something that I was born with and it grew large enough to put pressure on my brain and trigger a seizure. Well, I have to take anti-seizure meds which are very expensive, over $600 per month and I know my neurologist got a kickback from the drug company for prescribing it. I would love to take BB or PM, but am too afraid due to the medication I'm taking. I've been seizure free for over a year, but I don't think I will ever get to come off the meds. So, I have to settle for doing my NBE externally. And plastic surgeons certainly don't want women to discover another method of breast augmentation and risk losing that $5000-$12,000 they charge for breast implant surgery. Everyone has their own opinion of Brava, but I do admire Dr. Khouri for having the courage to invent something to give women an alternative to implants (however questionable its results are). I only want to gain a small amount of size, about an inch and a half would put me into filling out a 34D quite nicely. I don't want 300 cc implants and most surgeons don't do small implants. I exercise a lot (high impact) and dont' want huge fake boobs that are hard to secure while jumping! Plus, I would much rather have a natural look than the look of half a cantaloupe stuck under each breast. I am also using the Breast Enlargement without Surgery video, which is a method of natural breast enlargement that was studied in clincal trials and proven to work. It was developed in the 70's or 80's and I don't know why it never gained more attention. It involves deep relaxation and visualization and some women gained up to 3 inches over a 16 week period. Maybe most people don't want to wait that long. But anything worth having is worth working for and waiting for. I've been doing the program since Jan 30th and I think I've grown about half an inch. I know I'm a slow responder, but I'm going to see this to the finish line. Some women who were slow responders got the most gains in the last weeks.

Matt B

Hi Lexus,breast growth aside,di you get rid of the tumor?If you did,why the anti seizure meds now/Just curious.

Matt

lexuswoman

MattB,

Hi there! Yes, I had the tumor removed 5 years ago in December. They actually referred to it as a cyst, but it was a growth about the size of an eg and it was a in a place where it could be safely removed. My neurosurgeon said removing it would be the best thing to do as it was only going to get bigger and put more pressure on my brain and he was very sure it wasn't cancer and didn't see a need to biopsy. I've had several follow-up MRI's since and there is no sign of anything coming back. Because of the surgery and scar tissue, I do have a predisposition to seizures, I've had two since my surgery, one in 2009 while I wasn't taking seizure meds and one in 2011 while I was taking seizure meds. They didn't want to adjust/change my meds after I had one while taking seizure meds in 2011, I had been sick off and on and had a bad sinus infection, I had been under some stress and was drinking a bit more alcohol than I should've been, but they couldnt' pin point why I had that one. My neurologist has me on it for "insurance" so to speak. I'm very fortunate, I've had no complications from the surgery and no side effects from the meds. I would love to take BB, UB, or PM, but just too afraid to mix it with the Lamictal and I'm not comfortable asking my neurologist about it as my husband always goes with me to my dr. visits. He doesn't even know I'm using a Brava. I'd rathe keep it to myself and then see if he starts to see a difference ;). I'm happy that I'm already a 34C and have some boobage to start with.