Tips for increasing the booty?

Maplesyrup

I don't know if there was already a page for this, refer me if there is. But I am looking for techniques to increase my rump size. ;D Mostly looking for something non pill, maybe exercises? The ones I am doing now have firmed it up greatly, but I need to add size, anyone got any great tips that do that? Thanks in advance for your time and tips!

0xducesax0

hey! i'm really into fitness so i think i can help you :)
A booty can grow outwards and therefore bigger. it's a muscle area and if you put the right amount of pressure on the muscle it will grow. Most people do endless amounts of squats and lunges but they only get the tight booty, not bigger in size. To get bigger in size you have to use weight resistance and you have to keep increasing the weight you use at almost each session.
First i'll explain the logic behind using heavier weights to get a bigger butt. Let's say you go to the gym and you do normal squats using 10kg dumbbells on each side. The right weight to start with is one that allows you to complete more than 7 reps but NOT more than 12. If you're lifting a certain weight and with that weight you can't do more than 12 squats then that's the perfect weight. So let's say the 10kgs on each hand is the perfect weight for you and that you struggle at your 12th rep. You will repeat the exercise 3 times, you don't need more if you're using heavy weights. Your body has just gone in shock now, so the muscle needs to be fed right after the workout (protein shake mixed with water within 10mins after a workout is all you need). The muscle is now really tired and it thinks that it's just been under attack so now its going to focus on recovering but building itself bigger in order to avoid a future attack with the same weight. Preparing your body means that the muscles are going to grow outward (just like biceps on guys). Now the following week (remember you should only hit each muscle area once a week) you have to use 12kgs on each hand in order to shock your body again as its already prepared for the 10kgs but not for 12. Then the process of your body increasing your muscle to prepare for the following possible attack continues. This is how a muscle grows bigger and it's the same for your butt.
You can research plenty of different butt exercises on youtube and the net but only when you add hard resistance are you going to see your butt increase substantially. if you don't then you'll just keep it fit and tight thats all, maybe with a very slight increase.
Now you know why it is that even if all gyms have classes specifically for your butt almost everyone taking those classes frequently doesn't increase in size, just notices tightness.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask whatever... i'm good in this field as it really interests me
:)

Anastasia916

I don't know if you seen this thread but here's another thread on it... http://www.noogleberry.com/forum/index.php/topic,1750.0.html

Aim4c

The routine described is great for increasing your booty...just remember that when you squat, it's not just your gluteal(butt) muscles that are targeted...your quadriceps (thighs) work as well...actually harder...so you thighs will change too.

bonzaigirl

hi... oxducesax0 is correct.... if you just normally do exercises then waht's gonna happen is you're just toning your butt.. not increasing the mass size.. To achieve a greater size ..you should at least apply a greater weight... so you can do sqquatting exercises... with weights... or you can try running up and down the stairs... pretty simple isn't it??? try running up and down the stairs with ankle weights on... basically that's the principle of the stairmaster... the only difference is you're not going to the gym but in the convenience of your own home.. also be gradual wiht the ankle weights... you can also do certain exercises that are intended for the action of your gluteus maximus... (your butt) :) ...your butt is a hip extensor muscle, meaning they raise the butt... so what you can do is prone position ... or lying on your tummy and raise your legs with your knees slightly flexed.... but with ankle weights on/... it's not gonna be easy... in the mornikng after... you'll feel sore... especially if u didn't do stretching exercises... also.. the results arent immediate... it tkes time.. like growing boobies.. :).. also try researching on butt exercises.... hope it helps...:)

Maplesyrup

Thanks for the great reply! That would explain why I've only tightened and not increased. I currently do a a circuit routine with lower weights about 3 times a week with some cardio thrown in. I will pick a day to do heavy weight squats and see what happens. Are squats best or is there another one I do as well? Thanks again!
Anastasia, thanks, I did read through that thread, I knew there was one and I just couldn't find it. ::)

Anastasia916

I would say squats and lunges are the best butt exercises, when you do them try to focus on squeezing your butt while doing them, it's kinda like doing pilates, you aren't going to get the good ab exercise out of pilates if you don't concentrate on using those muscles during the workout. Same thing goes with ANY workout really, when you are targeting an area. And I still recommend doing butt squeezes all throughout the day lol. I still do mine everytime I wake up in the morning.

secret

The best way i know its working out. And if you want it bigger you should alway do exercises with bit heavier weights at the gym for you booty,because it build up muscles and gains size. I'm not sure if i'm making sense, but it definitely works cause my friend and i hit the gym a lot. My friend had no butt before ended having an attractive curve.

You can check out this link http://exercise.about.com/od/butthipsthighs/tp/butt.htm
Hope this helps

reccakeys

Thanks for this information. Great replies. I really appreciate all the information here. Most women really aiming for that. It sure helps a lot.

ladycaramel

i really recommend visiting L.O's website.. she's amazing.. She started out with a little booty and ended up going to 40'' through exercise.. she has before and after pictures as well as motivation pictures and blogs about exercises as well, plus she's super helpful =)

http://workthatbody.wordpress.com/

the backround picture might be unsafe for work.. so maybe check when you're at home =)

Gorgeousgirl5

ladycaramel said:
i really recommend visiting L.O's website.. she's amazing.. She started out with a little booty and ended up going to 40'' through exercise.. she has before and after pictures as well as motivation pictures and blogs about exercises as well, plus she's super helpful =)

http://workthatbody.wordpress.com/

the backround picture might be unsafe for work.. so maybe check when you're at home =)

I visit her website frequently and she has lots of great advice and tips.