two steps forward one step back?????????

Abigail3

It seems like the time period just before my AF I naturally get a little fuller...and so I can swell further in the cup, and therefore get more swelling when I take the cup off. Then once AF comes along..she likes to steal away and I lose that fullness and am not able to swell as far into the cup. It's almost like a 2 steps forward one step back. ?? Does this happen to anyone else?

B

BooBoo

Funny you should mention that today as I'm just ending my period and noticed exactly the same thing this month. I'd never really had this happen before, but that's most likely because I've been extremely estrogen deficient for a long time and therefore don't tend to have the usual PMS / period related swelling. This month though, I've begun herbs as both a corrective measure for the estrogen and with hopes of speeding things along, so I'm sure it's the reason for the change.

Rachiex

This is what has happened to me in the last week. I finished taking my pill (Marvelon) and AF came to town! and I noticed that my swelling got much less (but still sustained overnight with a bra on). I have been back on my pill for 2 days now after my break. I'm noogling away now as I type and I hope I can get back my pre-AF swelling!

(Does anyone know if the pill can affect swelling? Do you think I should double-pack and not take a break to get more swelling?

C

catsrule

I suggest a 10-15 minute longer than ususal NB period to "jump Start" the ladies, so to speak....

Rachiex

Thanks so much Catsrule- I haven't been gaining as much as usual but I think that may be down to losing weight as my AF was nearly 2 seeks ago now which is really disheartening! I'll try and do a little extra! x x x x