UGH!!! Nipple piercing HATES my Noogle!

P

piccolina

Oh man I am frustrated!! So I just got back from vacation and hadn't noogled in about two weeks, and I tape up & throw the cups on, noogled for just under a half hour, and took off the tape from my left nipple to find a giant, red, swollen bubble next to my piercing!!

This is NOT the first time I have seen this problem, and is the reason why I haven't been a very consistent noogler since I started, but this was by far the worst I had seen the Angry Bubble, as I call this horrific blob next to my piercing. I came to the conclusion before I left for vacation, that the Bubble was the result of an infection that flared up with the suction of my NB, and I began treating it with a tea tree oil/ hot water compress. That was working well, as the swelling went down significantly, but then when I went out of town, the healing didn't progress as much.

Anyway I thought I would be okay today as the Bubble has flared up in the past, and with proper taping, didn't seem to be too angered with a little noogling. But now I just don't know what to do!! It is tender to the touch (which it wasn't really before) and looks like it's about ready to burst... In the pic attached, the Angry Bubble is right next to the ball of the jewelry on the right side. I don't want to anger the damn thing any more than I already have, and I'm scared to take out my jewelry as I've heard that doing so when you are having an infection or issue with a piercing will make it far worse and get trapped inside, and I definitely don't want to stop noogling. I also don't really know how much asking a doctor will help, because they are notorious for giving you exactly the wrong advice when it comes to piercings. And piercing artists know nothing about breast pumps.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Or could you at least send a little positive juju to the Angry Bubble to make his sorry ass LEAVE me ALONE?! ARGH! (TIA... :mad: )

Attachments

• PhotoToMac Free Emily's phone 175.jpg
    PhotoToMac Free Emily's phone 175.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 3,554

that1spaztichik

Well I don't have a nipple piercing but I am into piercings...First things first, your piercing is obviously irritated. Change out to a larger bar to accommodate for swelling. Second, acrylic is for healed piercings only, and even if you've had it for a long time, it's irritated right now, so those acrylic balls aren't great for it. I suggest an all titanium barbell, if not that, then definitely high-grade steel. Internally threaded jewelry is always best, too, so you don't rip open the fistula of the piercing. Hope that helps, good luck noogling!

P

piccolina

Thank you Spaztic!! You sure seem to know your stuff! The current jewelry is titanium, a while ago when I had this problem it was incredible how much switching to titanium helped it heal so I haven't gone back since. Didn't know those acrylic balls are bad news though. I only am wearing a barbell with those clear balls cause I lost the bead that screws in on my plain metal one. Would you advise getting a cbr?? I've heard that staying away from barbells can help in some situations.

BTW just realized my pic looks scary - that ring around my nipple is just from a shot glass filled with sea salt water & tea tree solution stuck onto it. I'm hoping doing that a few times a day helps things, since sea salt has worked wonders on other problem piercings I've had. :-\

that1spaztichik

Of course! I have 16 piercings myself, so I sympathize, as they all haven't been completely hassle-free :) Good, keep doing the sea salt soaks, those are great :) And keep with the titanium, glad to hear it helped before. Yes, acrylic is plastic, and it has tiny, tiny, porous holes in it, which can harbor bacteria. Bacteria+piercings=bad news, so it really just irritates rather than helps. It's...OK....for healed piercings, but it's not the BEST. It's kind of like...sure...you can listen to music on a .99 cent store radio, or you can buy a REALLY expensive sound system. I can't think of a good example, lol, but that's the best I have :)

Oh, and you are COMPLETELY right about doctors and piercings...they all think they are bad and will just lecture you. It's so annoying! And you're also right about taking out a piercing, you want to try to heal it best as possible before you take it out. Are you thinking of taking it out? I'd imagine it makes noogling VERY difficult, but on the flip side, piercings are rad and you are awesome for getting your nipple, I'm too afraid lol.

P

piccolina

YOU are rad, dear! ;D Wow 16 has me beat for sure (I have 6 I think?). I'm not the typical badass chick with piercings like that, so the nip is like my sexy little secret, lol. I have loved having my "lefty" even though yes it was RIDICULOUSLY painful to get, haha! But somehow that made me love it even more. And it hurt so bad that I swore I'd never take it out, because then I'd have gone through all that for nothing. So, yeah because of the noogling difficulties, I am considering taking it out, but I really would like to keep it if possible.

Aahh okay that makes sense about the acrylic not being a good choice for less-than perfectly healed piercings. This sucker is old though, almost 6 years, which is why it's so irritating to keep having to deal with possible infections and stuff. So I'll definitely stick with titanium, but which do you think would be better for me, an internally threaded barbell, or an actual nipple ring (CBR)?

that1spaztichik

Oh I KNEW I forgot to reply about something! Lol. Stay with the bar. Rings are usually frowned upon in unhealed or irritated piercings, due to the movement they can receive. You can move the ring up and down, which not only moves crusties around in your piercing, but the ring is slightly curved, so it moves the fistula all funky, lol. A bar is much more stationary, and stationary is much better for healing purposes :) Yeah, that IS weird if you've had it for 6 years. I understand the desire to want to keep it...I had my nape pierced for a year and it had HUGE sentimental value to me...had to retire it because out of the blue after doing so well, it started rejecting. AHHHH, surface piercings, never again :)

Yep, it sounds impressive, but 13 are in my ears, lol. 3 lobe piercings each (first set stretched to 0g), upper helix, rook, both traguses, industrial (2 holes so I count as two..I can put separate jewelry in them), and conch. Then I have my belly button, lip, and nose. I also have 3 tattoos, but that's a whole other ballpark :) I'm hoping to get a job at a tattoo/piercing shop, I just applied and the lady is supposed to interview me mid-August when the position opens up. I'm excited!

P

piccolina

Hahah okay I'll get a new bar then, thanks!! :) Yeah I think I must have injured it somehow a while back and maybe that didn't heal all the way before I started sucking the life out of it with my NB, lol. It was totally healed and fine for quite a while. But it's so easy to snag the damn thing on bras, shirts, wandering boy hands, etc... haha, which has happened numerous times over the years, I think even to the point of bleeding once or twice. So I think that might have been what happened, something ripped, then didn't quite heal. :-/ That sounds scary about your nape -- how do you know if your body is rejecting a piercing?? Oh and crossing my fingers for your new job! How awesome!! :-D

hz

Hey piccolina, I know how irritating it is when you think a piercing is healed and a snag sets you to step 1 again. It sounds like it is noogleberry that is irritating it, and it looks irritated. I don't think it's infected, I've seen those angry bubbles on my sister's ears. You said you tape your nipples right? I think it still affects the piercing. So you have to choose; the piercing or noogling.

that1spaztichik

Thanks! I hope the job goes through :)

Yeah, piercings get snagged on EVERYTHING, it seems like. My nape got snagged on my long hair and my boyfriends hands ALLLL the time, and it was super annoying. When your body rejects a piercing, it literally does that...pushes it out of your skin. It sounds gross, and it kind of is. A surface piercing, the one that looks like a staple...rejects easiest because it's long (doesn't drain as well) and kind of shallow under the skin. It also has those "legs" that poke out, which is the point, to see the legs lol...and those legs get caught on things, generally. When my nape was pierced, I couldn't feel the bar from beneath my neck tissue if I touched my skin where it was. After about a year, I could start to feel it...and I couldn't see it, of course, but people were telling me they could see the outline of the barbell. So I did some sea salt soaks and took it out. It never "tore" out, but I've heard of that happening too, but usually that is just because people are stubborn and don't want to see their piercing leave. I agree, it's SO hard to take out a piercing, especially ones of sentimental value, but hey...it looked ugly, it felt gross, and it was time. I have a cool scar, I actually like it! It's a good story of my year of being 19 :)

P

piccolina

Hey sorry I went MIA for a while! Spaztic my dear, I need your advice once again! So, I think I'm ready to abandon my leftie. :'( *sniff, sniff*... I just don't want to deal with this hassle of it affecting my boobie growing (like you said, Hazel). The bubble finally calmed down due to taking a NB break for a couple weeks, and it's not pussing, it's not super swollen, it's not at all tender. There is still a small bump, but I wonder if it may actually be scar tissue.

So my question is, is it now safe to remove my piercing? I am pretty positive there is no sort of infection going on. There aren't any of the tell-tale signs of that that I know of (tenderness, heat, swollen, discharge). Only a tiny bit of crusting. Whaddya think?? And, do I just take it out and let it be? Or do I need to maybe salt soak it to help it heal more nicely?

P

piccolina

omg. OOOPS! so... update, I just did a salt/tea tree soak with my jewelry out, and didn't put it in right away, in total was out for maybe 30 -40 minutes. When I went to put it back in -- OUCH! Didn't seem to want to squeeze back in there. I didn't have an internally threaded barbell, so I didn't want to risk tearing the fistula with my screwy bar. I guess it's out for good?! Is this alright? lol, I think at least I'll give it a day or two to adjust to having the jewelry out before I pump again. And dear LORD, I hope that pumping doesn't aggravate it any more!!

that1spaztichik

Hello again! Oh wow, last time I replied I didn't have my job yet! I currently work at a tattoo and piercing shop, and I'm going to start piercing pretty soon :) Thanks for the words of encouragement, I got through my 2nd interview not long after we spoke last and it obviously went well! Anyway, since you have the bar out now, I would leave it out. You're very right about the externally threaded bar...it's NO fun trying to shove that into your piercing, let alone a nipple piercing. If you WERE to try to put it back in, I would try to lube it up real well with an oil of some sort-I use emu or jojoba, but olive oil can be used in a pinch. If you have an insertion taper, that would be helpful, too. Now...if you don't put it back in, I would continue to sea salt soak it for a few days until you see that it isn't crusting anymore. You're right, the ball MIGHT be scar tissue. Once it's healed, you can massage it with one of the oils I mentioned above. Even vitamin E oil would be good to break down scar tissue. (Don't use vitamin E for inserting, though) If you DO put it in, of course, sea salt soak :) The key to sea salt soaks is too much salt IS a bad thing, since it'll dry out the piercing. The general rule is 1/4-1/2 teaspoon to 8oz of water. I like to use a 16oz water bottle and fill it with 1/2 teaspoon of salt, that way I have mix on hand. Warming it up for a few seconds in the microwave makes it feel nice, as well. I think you SHOULD be fine now that it's out, since you said you only noticed crusties, and no signs of infection. Again, you're right-if it WERE infected, you want to keep the jewelry in and clear up the infection before removing the bar, or else you'll trap the infection inside. But since it seemed OK, I think it'll be alright. Sorry I jumped around from topic to topic, I'm super tired right now. I hope I covered everything you asked. Good luck with the piercing and noogling!!

P

piccolina

Spaztic you are so awesome!!! I am so lucky to have you here to give your *professional* opinion!! So happy that you're gonna be a piercer soon! Having a good piercing artist makes ALL the difference in the world and you are gonna be amazing at it I'm sure. Congrats!! :)

So, PHEW okay I'm glad it seems like I'm still good on having it out. It's been 24 hours now and it's seems to be doing just fine, although I will definitely take your advice and keep doing a soak for another couple days. Last night it felt a little weird, and kinda tender when I would touch it, with the bar out. I don't know if that was just from the fact that I was pushing down on a now empty hole/tube where the bar was, but today it has about the same sensitivity as my non-pierced nip, so that's good. Totally didn't think about using vitamin E for the lump, I will give that a go too! I have capsules I can poke so I can use it straight.

Thank you SO SO SO much for all your help!! I am getting really excited now that my nipple is finally under control. LOL. And I think I'm coming to terms with missing it... I am gonna be able to start noogling like there's no tomorrow. Hello B cup bra, waiting for me in my drawer!! ;-D

that1spaztichik

You are so sweet, thank you! You're very welcome, I'm glad my obscure knowledge could be of use to you! Glad to hear your nipple is feeling more normal. You'll get used to it. I know how it feels to retire piercings, it totally sucks! Especially when it's one that has significant meaning :( But HELLOOOO new boobies! Good luck noogling!

Stella

As someone who has had issues with piercings before (i had my lip, nipple, navel, and clit done) my advice would be to stop noogling, take care of the infection by cleaning it and do not touch it with dirty hands or a dirty towel. Is there anywhere you can buy dr bronner's soap? this is what i've always used on my piercings and its amazing. you might also want to try a salt water soak to help with the healing- mix a bit of sea salt with warm water and soak your piercing in it.

once your piercing heals, if you want to continue noogling I think you might have to take it out. If taping it doesn't work, I don't know what else to suggest. You can always get your other nipple pierced once you grow! Do not re-pierce a piercing as it hurts like a b*tch! Good luck!

Rose

Hey girls, I wanted to ask a question to girls with experience of nipple piercing. My nipples are puffy while relaxed but look very good while erect. I've heard nipple piercing can give you a permanent erect nipple. So my question is: did this happen to you and do I need to have the piercing in for a long time for it to work?

Stella

Hey Rose,

It does not make them permanently erect. They may look that way simply because of the ring/barbell, but it won't make the puffiness non-puffy and your nipple is still only hard when its cold.

piercedguy

I have been looking for a thread about nipple piercings, albeit I, like some others here have multiple piercings in erm 'other' places shall I say ::) As you can tell from my nickname I am a male, but I have found that noggling actually helped me enlarge my piercings from a 1.6mm ring (I should add my piercings are healed properly as I have had them for several years) to a 2.4mm ring, something I have wanted to do for some time, largely I would imagine from the enlargement of them from the pumping.

When I noggle I do find though that my nipples end up at the bottom of the cup so can be a little uncomfortable for a short time, although it soon eases off :D My nipples too, which have always been extremely sensitive, to say the least, have become additionally sensitive even to the degree of having to wear a soft unpadded 'bra top' (Crop top style) at times to stop them rubbing against my normal male apparel. Not a complaint though I hasten to add ;D