Using the large cups - what a drama!!

cleo

Hi All

Thought I'd feed back my experience on using the large cups for the first time. I've had them about a week now and after my rather half hearted attempt to put the tubes on when I first received them failed, I thought I'd have another go today, as its Bank Holiday here in the UK and I have more time (and the weather is not good :().

Anyway, after much soaking in very very hot water, managed to get the tubes on. Then the fun began!! Having read all the posts about getting them to stay on I was expecting a bit of trouble - I wasn't disappointed!! lol. You really need an extra pair of hands for this but as I'm a bit embarrassed for my hubby and daughters to see me attached to my NB, I persevered on my own. Armed with a couple of strong clothes pegs I tried to remember all I'd read about closing off one tube, pumping the other to get a grip, etc. I managed this eventually but was laughing so much that each movement was letting out a little fart (from the cup that is!!) and my breast was shaking like a jelly in the cup. After 20 mins of losing suction and frantically trying to pump up again I gave up and put the mediums back on and pumped for 30 mins.

Afterwards I had the idea of swapping one of the medium cups for a large cup and using this on the right breast, which is smaller and less rounded than the left. It was easier to get a suction this way and it worked OK. This might give the smaller breast chance to catch up as well as getting me used to the larger cups. Hope I don't end up with lop sided boobies though!! Lol.

Anastasia916

I had the same experience with the large domes, that every movement let out air and it sounded like a fart. My hubby looked over with that face like "ok are you going to the bathroom or what?" lol. But recently I think my breasts have gotten more accustomed to the new domes and I don't have that issue anymore, and usually I pump while watching a movie, or on the computer, so I don't move anyway. But I can't put both domes on at the same time and pump, what I do is I twist one side, put the other dome on my smaller breast, pump it up, leave it like that for 15 to 30 min. Then I put on the other one and continue pumping both for the remainder of the hour to an hour and a half. That seems to work best for me, otherwise I have to get my hubby to hold the domes and I pump.

cleo

Anastasia, if you're watching a movie etc, do you pump up and leave them inflated or pump, hold then deflate, then pump again etc for the hour and half? I thought initially it was the exercise your breasts were getting from pumping and releasing continually that caused the growth but so many have had great results from pumping up and holding that I'm not so sure now.

Anyway, hoping to try and get both large cups on together by the end of the week as I much prefer the shape of my breast in the large cup, they look all squashed up in the mediums!!

Anastasia916

I tried different techniques in the beginning but found I preferred to pump and hold. So yes I pump and hold. Often I pump till it feels slightly uncomfortable but not painful and I hold, wait until I feel relaxed then pump until I feel discomfort again. I do this the entire time. Until I completely fill the dome, then I leave it like that the rest of the time. I am not sure which technique is better, I just do what feels best to me.

C

catsrule

I also like pump and hold...just keep doing it, they will start to suction on after a few trys! use lots of lotion!! bend over and push on your chest if need be, but don't hurt yourself! or keep using meduims until you get big, then switch to the large

cleo

I've been using the large cup on my smaller breast and the medium on the other for a few days just to try and get used to the larger size. I do bend over and hold it closely to my breast and am managing to get it on ok most times and get good swelling but I find the slightest movement and I lose suction, unless I keep holding it there, so its not very comfortable keeping in the same position for 30 mins!! I'm thinking of going back to the mediums on both breasts for the time being, at least until I fill them, which I am very nearly doing after 30mins of pumping.

Thanks for the encouragement though. Knowing that others have gone through the same thing initally and can now get both large cups on keeps me motivated when I feel like throwing the damned things against the wall!! Lol