What do you think?

ashley1986ann

Ok all of you woman out there I need to know what do you think.

Ok so I just turn 26 year old I have been with my bf for 4 1/2 years. I thought a good age to get marred it 25 or 26 and I never wants kids because my animals are my kids. But lately ive been thinking a lot about baby's. Been crochet baby booties to sell. I want to get marred and have a family. I dont know what do to or why i have been thinking about wanting a baby now. What do I do? What do you think? Why am I thinking this?

Also If I ever have a baby I want to make it after my dad. So it its a boy its name will be Jon what are good girl names with Jon in it?

minnie34

Hi Bearbear,

I think a lot of things change as we get older both hormonally and biologically. I never wanted to have kids either, I was very happy to be with just my husband, my career, our friends etc. And then I got pregnant (not planned) and I can easily say that it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Now we have kids and pets, they go very well together :D

If you get a girl, you could always call her Joni :)

jnorton22002

BearBear, just be yourself and don't worry so much about the why's. Many times things change and we change. If you have a baby, it truly is a great, wonderful thing. Try naming a girl, " Janon" that is the name of one of my daughters.

Hugs Mama J :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Myam

I have a friend in Viet Nam named Tran, it's a girl's name but the pronunciation is John. Maybe if you adopt a Vietnamese girl...

"Janon" is nice too :)

Ex

You could pronounce the name in a more French manner, instead of a hard "G" sound on the "J". Remember, with pronouns you can decide however you want to pronounce it regardless of the spelling.

I never wanted kids until my mother died. I'm with Minnie ~ my daughter is the best thing I have ever done and wouldn't change her for the world. She is amazing, and like Minnie, my other babies are non-human. My daughter even refers to our dog and parrot as her sister and brother. "Take your sister outside to potty," is heard daily in our house, and when we have company, she introduces Rosie and Apocalypse as her siblings.

When the time is right, you will know it, and it sounds like it might be getting close. It is all in how you raise them, and the type of examples you set for them. Reading your other posts, you sound like a person that is very loving, compassionate, and kind - i.e. mother.

On the other hand, if you decide not to be a mother, there is nothing wrong with that either. We don't have to all leave children as our legacy. You can be a great person without ever being a parent, and you can still have a positive effect on children. Try not to let anyone else make a major influence on you with this decision. It is very important that whether or not you decide to have children that it is your decision. It is the most personal and intimate decision you will ever make, and either way, it will effect the rest of your life. :)

James

Well, I know you have asked for women's opinions, but I will give mine anyway. Sounds like you are not married. I am old enough and conservative enough to think that living together is fine, but when you have children, you should get married. The primary person you should be discussing this with is your boyfriend. Tell him you are thinking that you want to have children, and he may surprise you and say "me too"... or maybe not. If not, don't let it get you down, let him think on the idea for a few days and approach him again. The worst thing you could do is make a unilateral decision, and wait until you get pregnant and then tell him "guess what?". If after a month he is adamantly against children, you should consider another partner.

Ex

I didn't mean to imply making a unilateral decision and excluding your boyfriend. I just meant that if you do want children or don't, don't let someone else pressure you into making a different choice to make them happy. These decisions, as well as marriage, have to be made based on what is important to you. Doing it because everyone tells you it's right or it's what you are supposed to do can lead you into a desperately unhappy place in the long run. Decide what is important to you and what is right for you, and then live your life honoring that path.

James

"Decide what is important to you and what is right for you, and then live your life honoring that path."

Truer words have never been spoken.

I notice this is an old thread, I hope you, bearbear, read this and bring us up to date.