What to buy for trip

jnorton22002

Hi everybody that views this,

I thought I would ask any of you that may have been following my little journey to help me buy some neat clothes for my trip. Being basically a truck driver, we all know truck drivers don't need nities, or cami's or other such stuff, but Mama J is thinking maybe it is time to start my wardrobe for good. I have a few things I will take with me. I have my very special dress that my best girl fiend gave
me. She also has been coaching me. I only wear panties now because tighty whities don't feel good any more. sooooo any suggestions out there would really be appreciated. I really haven't had the chance to really dress as I really want to and also to some of you like Secret, Sliptinge , and Strumpet, maybe you could suggest foundation brands and make for me. I went to Walgreens the other day and have good ideas, but remember my wonderful family, Mama hasn't had enough time to feel good about make up work.

Guys I really am nervous, but also very excited. I've waited all my life for this and it will now happen. I leave on May 30th and return on June 16th. If any of you think being in touch while I'm there would be something you think would be neat, I will do that. I am taking my laptop, because my very special gender issue doctor, wants to be in touch with me as she knows the place I'm going to, in fact she suggested this Doctor.

Any way, I am sooooo very fortunate in having such a wonderful forum family. I really want to thank all of you who have really supported me and those that haven't but belong to this forum, because we are each only as strong as our sisters. Thanks every one. I care deeply for ALL OF YOU. Fondly--- Mama J :-* :-* :-* :-*

Lily13

I just wanted to say I am very happy this day is coming soon! As far as makeup goes, I am pretty out of the loop with what is available out there. I hope someone else can give you some ideas. I personally use an airbrush makeup kit and I love it, but the initial investment was pretty high.

jnorton22002

Aw, thank you Lilly. I am hoping some others will post ideas. I mean, I have ideas, don't get me wrong, but I'm always willing to hear or read better ideas. Yes, I am glad the time is near also. As in any surgery, you always have the lab test and blood work ups. This time is always tense for me because of having had cancer. I would think people usually have an idea if something is wrong with themselves, but you know how that goes. I'm very excited, can't wait. Just the plane ride there is going to be an experience.

Thanks Lilly, you are a sweetheart

Hugs Mama J :-* :-* :-* :-*

Strumpet

Hi Mama J,

Glad to hear this day's almost here for you! :)

I'm trying to think of wardrobe staples, some of it depends on your sense of style. I would say a white blouse and some kind of blazer are nice. I like to wear a trenchcoat in spring/fall and a navy/black peacoat in winter but my style of fashion definitely leans towards the preppy. Cardigans are also nice staples because you can wear them unbottoned over a dress in the springtime and layer them in fall and winter either over a tank or a collared shirt (like a white blouse). A black dress is another classic piece that works well for any formal or semi-formal occasion. I think at least one pair of dark wash, straight leg jeans is good to have around, even if you plan on wearing mostly skirts, just for convenience's sake.

As for foundation, I have young, obnoxious, oily acne-prone skin, but I actually asked the question about foundation/concealer for dry/mature skin on a makeup board a bit ago because my mom was concerned that she was looking ill (she was going through chemo at the time) and my mom's in her late fifties, so perhaps you would find these suggestions helpful: :)
For drugstore brands, they suggested Boots #7 Lifting Firming Foundation or Cover Girl Natureluxe foundation and Neutrogena 3-1 concealer (for undereyes).
For high-end brands, they also suggested MAC Studio Sculpt foundation and Eve Pearl's Salmon Concealer .

Hope some of this is helpful!!
<3 Strumpet

jnorton22002

Hi Strumpet, Yes honey, those suggestions really help. I'm going to be taking my makeup with me, I will buy it soon. I've just been truck too much to wear any, and when I get to Thailand, there is suppose to be a nice mall near by and I will buy some of those things. I agree, those are nice items. By the way, how is your studying going. Love ya Mama J :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Lily13

One thing about clothes, I have to admit I'm a t-shirt and jeans type of girl. :) But I wear nice T-shirts and I usually wear heels or some type of boot or sandal depending upon the season.

Edit--lol at my typo...hope no one saw that :D

xxbabygirlxx

Mama J, i have to ask, what kind of surgery are you getting? I must have must it in one of your posts.

For makeup: have you tried a brand called mehron foundation? Its oil free, and HD makeup, and its also good for older individuals because it doesn't enhance fine lines/wrinkles. If you ebay it, its only 12 bucks. Alot of makeup artists use it ;D. another good one is guerlain extreme,

For clothing i would suggest a wrap dress, its very flattering. It depends on your body shape. If your an hourglass shape then go for dresses that have an elestric band.

Here are a couple of videos to dress for your shape: p.s these are NOT by me, i just think maybe it would help you ;)
for jeans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyKHh6a5NsY&feature=feedu
for dresses:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheStyleDiet#p/u/12/obwDlxv1V7Q
tops: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheStyleDiet#p/u/28/8SqBcrkBRxE

jnorton22002

Hi Baby and Lilly,

Thank you both. To answer your question Baby, I'm going to Thailand to have a GRS or Gender reassignment surgery. that is where they will make John into Joni. If you know what I mean. I've been transgender all my life but only since all my children are grown and I'm on my own did I finally decide to live out my dream. Lilly, honey, I'm a person who loves Tee's myself. I think that is really a good idea as there are some really terrific tee's out there.

Hugs ladies Mama J :-* :-* :-* :-*

Anatori

you could always go for the cami with a lacy or see through shirt to go over it. That my fav. I always to a cami of sorts with a transparent shirt or some kind of over shirt. its flattering and feminine and i can wear my jeans too. I don't do skirts or dresses much myself unless its a special occassion.

jnorton22002

hi there Anatori,

Good morning young lady. I really like that idea. Lilly, too, mentioned she likes Tee's too. I am going to get a couple of cami's with the see through look. I do, however, feel I better make them age appropriate. Great idea. I have a very nice older wrap type dress I'm going to take but need other clothes too. As I mentioned, truck drivers don't usually drive in dresses.

Thanks my dear Mama J :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

xxbabygirlxx

AWW, congrads on living out your dream. I'm so happy your finally getting what you always wanted. Are you going to go through the whole process[taking hormones]? I'm sure even getting a nice dress would be nice. You never know when you might need one ;D

jnorton22002

Hi Babygirl and thank you for posting again. I've been on hormones now for a year. Before that I was doing Natureday, and other herbs probably for almost another year. They didn't do much. the hormone or better known as HRT has along with Noogleberry.
I've been going to a Electrologist for about 3 mo now, but she uses pulsed light. My surgery again is to remove my male image. I'm so very excited as you can imagine. I love dresses, but I only have a few at this moment. Any way, I am living my dream. Even if it is later in life.

I also have been having my eyebrows reshaped to a more female look because my hair removal lady, Linda feels I'm more on the female side with eyebrows any way. It all is very exciting.

Hugs Mama J :-* :-* :-* :-*

jnorton22002

Hey everybody,

Just a small little update on my "things to buy" thread. Today, I can now tell those that are interested, that the money needed to complete the necessary amount for my trip came TODAY YAY.

I can't begin to express how excited I am now. In just over 4 weeks, I will be heading off for Thailand for that surgery I've waited my entire life for.

I also could still use more ideas in what to buy. Do any of you wish to stay in touch with me while I'm there just let me know .

As always, I love all of you on this forum

A very excited Mama J :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

LAWMANN2004

Dear Mamma J,
One way to get all of your ducks in a row(if you know what I mean).

At the airport yesterday, I took some notice of what was worn on the plane.
Most of the things I noticed, Nice jeans & tops, Nice jeans and "T" shirts,
Business suit skirt outfits, Some dresses, and just nice clothes for the most part.

I wouldn't worry to much about it, Just wear nice clothes and you should be fine.
NOT in the plans for me, BUT I wish you the best of times on this trip of your lifetime.

Of course we want updates as soon as you are able, I myself would like to stay informed
as to how you are doing.

Spring is finely here so I have been busy with work, But I still check out how every one is doing.
It's been raining here off and on all day, so DAY OFF !!!! :)

Stay safe, and have some fun.

The boobie fairy is comming to see you soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie2 ;) ;)

xxbabygirlxx

AWW congrads again, its good that your taking the time to do this for yourself, i know it can;t be easy or cheap. Did the doctors say it would be a long progress or will it be relatively quick?

Be safe, and have fun. p.s make sure you get a tan also hahaha. You might as well while your out there resting. Agreed with the eyebrows, there very important, and if you overpuck just use some good eyebrow growth serum. I swear my room looks like a pharmacy. Please post a picture once your done ;D

jnorton22002

Thank you so very much Jamie and Babygirl.

I truly feel like a nice pair of jeans and a nice tee shirt type is what I will wear there. I'm still a person in the process. It isn't hard to dress right but it isn't hard for me to over dress. I'm very excited about this and I really needed some help from all of you. I am still learning things and I feel great but nervous too. As far as doctors, it has been a long journey, and the journey doesn't really stop with the surgery. After the surgery, I will still have many things to do. It certainly is the best step, but then learning to understand that not every one will be as excited about this as I am. I will encounter those that will show distaste openly about it. Things like that. Thank you both again.

Mama J with hugs :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

blueberryhills

Hi Joni

I'm a new NB user, very happy to have found the system and this forum. Haven't seen any noticable increase yet but am hopeful I will. I've seen some of your posts and wanted to respond to this one.

Congratulations on finally making the move to get surgery. I wish you the best. It seems you've waited a looooong time for this, done your 'duty' raising your children and now it's time to spend some well-deserved attention on yourself!

As far as makeup goes, I just wanted to suggest perhaps at some point you may want to try a makeover at a local department store (don't know if you have Sephora nearby) or even privately thru a local Mary Kay, Avon, etc. rep. You'll feel pampered and get some good advice on makeup applying techniques. Careful they don't drive you into the poorhouse buying too many products though ;)

Over the years I've tried various high-end brands. I'm 50 now and have dry skin, and have settled on drug store brands as I'm not convinced the more expensive ones are really much different. Anyway, I'd suggest taking care of your skin with a good cleanser and moisturizer. I currently use the Aveeno Positively Ageless line which isn't the cheapest but is dermatologist recommended and has an spf30. The moisturizer is particularly creamy which is good form my dry skin. For foundation I user the Revlon Age-defying line for dry skin. I saw you mentioned having your brows shaped which is important - I'm jealous, as I've abused mine so much over the years I hardly have any left :'( I'm actually going to a permanenet makeup artist later this month to have them 'tatooed', which is really a color pigment inserted into the skin and should help. I use brow makeup but when it come off I'm 'browless' :(

Best of luck on your trip and I hope you enjoy your time in Thailand. I will keep reading up to see how you're doing!!!