What to use to tape nipples down?

enjerurei

I tried the silicone nipple covers a while back but they just popped off once I started pumping, same for some every day scotch tape, though I figured that wouldn't work. :p
What do others use?

EzzieD

YES. I tried the sticky silicone petals, but like you said, they just pop off. I also tried scotch tape for the first time today and it peels right off too. I've also used "paper tape" (for like medical uses and such) and that's worse than the scotch. So far I've only had decent luck with bandaids. I'd say about 60% of the time they stick pretty well if you mark them as a + or x over the nipple. Definitely put them on before using lotion, and don't put lotion on top of them. That makes 'em peel off for sure.

If you find anything else that works better, lemme know too! :)

enjerurei

EzzieD said:
YES. I tried the sticky silicone petals, but like you said, they just pop off. I also tried scotch tape for the first time today and it peels right off too. I've also used "paper tape" (for like medical uses and such) and that's worse than the scotch. So far I've only had decent luck with bandaids. I'd say about 60% of the time they stick pretty well if you mark them as a + or x over the nipple. Definitely put them on before using lotion, and don't put lotion on top of them. That makes 'em peel off for sure.

If you find anything else that works better, lemme know too! :)

Hmm, I tried bandaids today and they worked pretty well, actually! Perhaps different types of bandaids work better. The ones that I'm using say "Extra strength"

Au

I would think using two band-aides like an X over the nipple would hold well. But, is it necessary to cover your nipples? Do they grow super big if you don't?

enjerurei

Au said:
I would think using two band-aides like an X over the nipple would hold well. But, is it necessary to cover your nipples? Do they grow super big if you don't?

Mine often get stuck on the suction hole inside of the cup. :/ Which is not pleasant and often leads to them swelling even more and getting really hard.. but still puffy. It's really weird. And I don't really have any desire to have my nipples grow larger as of yet.

EzzieD

Yeah, I think my nipples are just fine as is. It's the boobs I wanna grow! lol I'm paranoid of my nipples stretching and looking funny, so I use covers to be on the safe side.

liliablack

I also tried the nipple covers with the same problem and then regular fabric plasters but found them pretty ouch(!) to get off.
Just in case it's of help to anyone the method that works well for me is using some 1" thick medical tape, I get just a small bit of tissue or (or anything non sticky) just to cover the nipple itself and then do like a cross with the tape and then another 2 strips to make a star or well a circle in the end as its thick.

For me this stuff doesn't peel off really at all unless I purposefully massage lotion right onto the tape itself, I can cover the rest of the breast in lotion over an over and it still stays put till I take it off. Just to note that I'm using the Palmer's cocoa butter lotion so maybe this tape lends better to lotions over oils for it's staying power though I've not tried this with oil yet. So far nothing about my nipple area has changed while taping and they don't get sore any more from pumping so am pleased about that.

32DoubleDz

liliablack said:
I also tried the nipple covers with the same problem and then regular fabric plasters but found them pretty ouch(!) to get off.
Just in case it's of help to anyone the method that works well for me is using some 1" thick medical tape, I get just a small bit of tissue or (or anything non sticky) just to cover the nipple itself and then do like a cross with the tape and then another 2 strips to make a star or well a circle in the end as its thick.

For me this stuff doesn't peel off really at all unless I purposefully massage lotion right onto the tape itself, I can cover the rest of the breast in lotion over an over and it still stays put till I take it off. Just to note that I'm using the Palmer's cocoa butter lotion so maybe this tape lends better to lotions over oils for it's staying power though I've not tried this with oil yet. So far nothing about my nipple area has changed while taping and they don't get sore any more from pumping so am pleased about that.

ive tried bandaids with no success. they usually just come right off. thank you for sharing this method.

keegan45

I've had the most success with paper tape and a folded bit of tissue to protect the nipple. For me the regular band aids hurt too much taking them off and the pad isn't big enough to cover my nipple anyways (not to mention the pain of the band aid sticking to the hairs around my aureola!)
Off brand "gentle" band aids don't work either because they just pop off after 15mins of noogling. I can make the paper tape longer than the band aid and taking it off is way less painful, as long as you get the better quality paper tape it works great, the stuff from the dollar store is crap.

I'm definitely gonna try rubbing lotion in like the other user suggested when my tape runs out and I have to use band aids as a back up!

I hope this helps!