Worried about taking too many supplements? You probably should be...

oodellaly

Hey all, so, as I may have mentioned previously, I've been taking a lot of vitamins lately to help with my booby project lately, and of course my boyfriend noticed. He's always giving me grief about it, but I haven't told him the real reason I'm doing it, so he just thinks I'm a pill-popping freak. As a result, he sent me this article today, which I thought was a bit surprising-- it will definitely change the way I go about things, and thought it might apply to some of you others as well:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/07/the-vitamin-myth-why-we-think-we-need-supplements/277947/

TL;DR-- You should just read the article if you can, but the conclusion is that many many national and international studies have proven over time that taking vitamin supplements is pretty horrible for you and actually increases your risk of cancer and mortality. :eek: No more multi-vitamins for me. Might just whittle it down to the fish/flax oil supplements from now on since those contain something one normally eats. :-\