Worst product ever!!! I am so incredibly disappointed!

tinyone

I bought the (contoured cup) medium noogleberry breast pump in December and I still can't get it to work. I know this is just a product but I am very frustrated that this is so terrible and does not do ANYTHING. I've tried all different kinds of positions to get some suction and it has worked like twice for a few seconds with loud burping sounds. This product is created for people who have a flat rib cage (which doesn't exist) because the cup always has huge gaps on the side of the breast (under the armpit) and towards the center of the chest. I was looking forward to this product so much. It's a huge waste of money and I need to return it if I can. I've tried different ways to prevent the large gaps such as yoga mat material (I cut my yoga mat for this and it still didn't work), cloth material, and tissue. Do NOT buy this!! It does NOT work. I don't know if these people on the forums are just lying or are paid to give good reviews or what. But I fell for it.

James

I agree that the contour is very minimal and does not fit small frames. But I would have thought you would have success with the Yoga mat solution. You can buy yoga mats in different thickness, so you would need the thicker variety. Also the reason the yoga mat was suggested in the first place is because they are typically made of closed cell foam. This is very important for any sealing solution as open cell foam will leak air. I notice there is more than one "solution" proposed on this site for cutting the mat, and I believe the first one here: http://www.noogleberry.com/forum/index.php/topic,1804.0.html is the best.
index.php
index.php

The other great solution is the plumbing insulation described here: http://www.noogleberry.com/forum/index.php/topic,1919.msg17162.html#msg17162 and again I stress that the plumbing insulation comes in both open cell and closed cell varieties, make sure you buy the closed cell version. The plumbing insulation is thick enough that you can carefully trim it to get a little more contour to fit your chest better. Seal with silicon glue as described.
index.php
index.php

Also are you using a thick oil like safflower salad oil to aid getting a good seal?

Edit: Of course there is always the option of purchasing the foam rings from Noogleberry.
http://noogleberry.com/shop/soft-breast-cup-rings-18/
cup%20ring%20pic%201.jpg

lexuswoman

Hi tinyone,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with the Noogleberry. I went thru something similar. I first tried the contoured large cups and no matter what I did, I couldn't get them to stay on my chest...I tried cocoa butter cream and lotion, olive oil, camper tape, foam rings, you name it. Never saw the plumbing insulation thing or I would've tried that. The one time I actually got the cups to stay on -had to overpump to do it- I had horrible red rings and small "pin prick" marks all over my breasts. I found out the Extra large cups were better suited to my size and I got them to stay on like one time. I had a Brava that I used like a noogleberry, but had to sell it on ebay (as I did with both of my Noogleberry sets). I'm now looking at the Bosom Beauty 2012ic. Good luck to you!

Lex

tinyone

James- I did use a thick yoga mat that was pretty good quality. Mine actually looks a bit thicker than that one in the picture. Although that girl in the picture has huge breasts so I don't know why she feels the need to get larger breasts. Anyways, I guess I'll try the plumbing insulation. Thank you for that suggestion. I have used different oils such as Bio Oil, olive oil, and creams. I don't know where I would get safflower salad oil. And the rings are not an option as they are always out of stock when I look for them.

Lex- It's not that I can't get them to stay on my chest (although I can't, but I don't mind just holding them). It's that there is no suction whatsoever and they do not fit my chest at all even though Lucy said I bought the right size. I wanted to get the Brava but it is too expensive. The Bosom Beauty is also too expensive. Thank you for your input.

James

I am wondering if there is something wrong with your equipment. Use a large flat pan like a roasting pan or lasagna pan that you can put about an inch or so of water in, place one dome with the base in the pan and pinch off the tube to the other cup. Try pumping. You should be able to draw the water up into the dome and fill it. When you stop pumping the water should stay up in the dome, not drain away. If it does, look for leaks.

tinyone

James- I bought plumbing insulation just like that person posted and it didn't do anything at all. I even put it on a flat surface on my body (my stomach) and there was no suction whatsoever. And then the plumbing stuff left a sticky residue on the cones. I emailed Lucy about this and she said she would give me a discount on the small cups to see if they work better and so I replied back to her and I immediately received an email back saying that my email was denied and something about it being on a blacklist. Soooo I'm thinking this is a scam. I can't return them since I used them. So I guess I'm out of $70.25. This stinks because I don't have an income right now.

James

There has to be something wrong. It most certainly should have worked on your stomach. Do you have air locks? If so could they be backwards? Make the most simple test, use a single hose to connect from the pump to the dome, no air locks, no Y-piece. Either test with the water pan I described above or on your stomach. Can you provide a picture of your set-up showing the pump, hoses and dome(s) and how they are connected? It is not a scam.