WTF More problems with the soft rings!

SydKait

My rings just fell apart, AGAIN!
They were doing fine up until today.
Last time the coacoa butter degraded the material, this time the inner part of the rings flattened after I got done noogling and I cant even use them.

I might have to try the camper tape thing.
Does anyone know of any other site that sells rings or something I can use instead.
NB rings just arent durable enough. :(

lexuswoman

Belle,

This is what i just posted on the your last thread about the soft cup rings:

don't know if many people on here are familiar with Brava's domes, but they have this large squishy silicone rim that also has adhesive on it. They are much more comfortable than the NB foam rings and the adhesive helps them stick to your skin while you pump the air out. I've been looking for an alternative the foam rings, I need cushion for comfort and to seal the gaps between the cups and my skin. I found something on a medical website that's a gel head positioning pillow, its kinda pricey and don't know if it would work. Here's the link to it: http://www.universalmedicalinc.com/Adult-Wide-Gel-Donut-Head-Pad-Without-Center-Dish-p/40218.htm.

I guess the NB cups could be glued to it somehow, but wearing something like that, you'd probably have to wear like a bandeau or tube top to hold everything in place since I don't know how much the gel donuts pads weigh.

Any thoughts?

SydKait

Brava is originally what got me interested in all this. I would love to try their system, but I read that it breaks down easy? Plus Noogleberry is so much cheaper. I just wish it came with better rings.

Maybe even something like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Suction-Cup-Female-Breast-Pump-Enlargement-Enhancement-Kit-w-Silicone-Ring-/170843957536#ht_1873wt_1397
which comes with "Silicone comfort rings (removable)"

I'm hesitant to order something online. Theres no way of knowing if it would work and I dont have the money to gamble with. :-\
If you come up with something let me know. Im going to keep my eyes open. I noogled for the first time without the rings today, luckily iv built up enough breast tissue that it stays on. Its pretty uncomfortable though, Im using lighter suction so it doesn't cut into me as bad.

Matt B

Mornin Belle,the camper tape really works well and it's pretty cheap. A 25 ft. roll is about 12 bucks and it lasts for quite a while.
I use the inch and a half width.

Matt, ;)

xmissmelissa

I've had that problem with the foam rings as soon as I got them, like the first time I used them half of one was flattened and wouldn't wrap around or stay on my dome, at all. Maybe mine got damaged in shipping. And whenever I would pump, it would suck almost the whole top of the ring into the dome and allow air to leak very easily.
I'm interested in the Brava ones, how much do they run? I wonder if it would be worth it. I get horrible ring marks! :-\

Matt B

Hi Melissa,I had one ring that deformed from shipping.I used them a few times and said Fu&* it and went back to camper tape.If you use olive oil to noogle the ring marks go away real fast.
The brava stuff is really pricey.

Matt, ;)

SydKait

Yeah Brava can run over 1000 dollars. Iv gotten use to noogling without the rings. I use lots of olive oil and medium pressure.

lexuswoman

Hey Belle,

I found out from that company that that gel donut pad thing I was looking at had a covered bottom to it and the lady said that if you cut the bottom out of it, so the boobs could fit through that all the gel might start leaking out of it. I'll probably just go with the camper tape, although I've checked around with several auto parts stores where I live and none of them have it. I did find some silicone gel sheeting on ebay that I could use for extra cushion along with the camper tape. Glad you're able to noogle without the rings. The rings are nice, but they sure make it easy to overpump.

Lex'

SydKait

Its not as comfortable but iv seen a few benefits. One, my red rings go away after about 30 mins instead of a day (strangely). Two I havent gotten any red dots from over pumping. And three, I get more boob width wise in the domes.

Iv been snoogling 12 hour sessions. Brava style. Hoping to see big improvements within a couple months.

xmissmelissa

Wow Belle props to you, I can't imagine doing a twelve hour session! I usually do 2 - 2 1/2 hours when I snoogle, and as soon as my alarm goes off to take them off, I'm like get these freaking things OFFFF MEEEE!

Matt, I'm totally excited to try the camper tape now! I'll see if my local advanced auto parts sells it. And I do use either plain olive oil, or a combo of that and the proclaim lotion (as per your suggestions on the forum :) ) but still have ring marks, all the time. :( hopefully the tape will help with that! One thing I will say though is it could be because I pump to pretty high pressure with my bare domes no padding of course. I do this because I'm not prone at all to blisters and things like that. I don't pump till I'm in pain though.

Hey Lex, do you have linkage to that silicone sheeting?

lexuswoman

Melissa-

Here are the ebay items #'s for the silicone sheeting: 120950774176 and 21121552017. The second one (21121552017) is from Australia, don't know where you live, but I"m in the USA, but would consider shelling out for it, if it would work. Its also reusable, which is a plus and it can also be cut to fit. I"m going to email the seller some ?'s and I"ll let you know what I hear. I did email the first one on Friday, but haven't heard anything. Hope this helps!

Amanda

CookiesnMilk

melissa let me know what your results are with using the camping tape and if your rings go away faster. I haven't recieved my nooglberry yet but I'd say one of my biggest concerns is marks from it that exceed 30 min..

M

Mumma Bear

Plumbing insulation foam (AKA Armaflex) is fantastic. It's a closed-cell foam and it doesn't break down with lotion. Search the forum - there's a lot of info about this padding method. I love it.