Your pets

Padded Hell

I'm going to get two kittens this year. I can't wait :). The house doesn't feel like a home without my cat :'(. I love seeing them laying around the house, being lazy ;D :). I hope I come back as a well cared-for cat!

Matt B

I don't know what I would have done without my cat during my health challenge last year.He wouldn't let me out of his sight.
What a pet!!

Matt

Ex

I wish I still had my cat. In a way, I do, but it sucks compared to before. Her name was Kassandra, and I had her for 16 years. When she died, I had her cremated, and she sits in the living room. I am the crazy cat lady who still talks to her cat.

On the bright side, I have a 6-year-old half lab/half Shar-Pei service dog, Rosie Tank; a 3-year-old Military Macaw, Apocalypse; and a 2-year-old cockatiel, Rosemerry; not forgetting the 11-year-old human daughter. I'll have to scan in some pictures to post. This ancient CPU doesn't have a working CD drive anymore.

I can't imagine a life without them, and it wouldn't be one I would want to live. These 4 are my family, and we all take care of each other.

CCBB2009 your dogs are beautiful! Rosie is very friendly, until after dark. Then I must be woken up to stare at the person or deer walking down the street. She never growled at anything until she was over one year old. Up to then, I was on my own, and she was shivering with her head pressed to the back of my knee. Jenna might decide one day that protecting the family is something she is ready to do when she considers herself an adult. Or when she finally meets something she considers a big enough threat to safety. At first, Rosie was still standing behind me to growl, but she figured it out, and I always praise her for "warning" me.

Ex

We had a cat that moved in like that. My grandfather died, and I stayed with my grandmother for a month to help out. I came home and this scrawny black cat is in the back yard under my rose bush. I asked my husband about it, and he said that if we didn't feed it, the cat would leave. I asked how long he had been out there, and he said, "since you left." I let him know that his theory wasn't working and went out to see the cat. He was starving, declawed, and had a mass of sores all over his face, from infected bug bites.

Since we weren't (supposedly) keeping him, I never called him anything than the "Other Cat" (as opposed to my cat inside.) Needless to say, I cleared up his face and even got fur to grow again, although if you were close to him you could still see the scars. He wound up named Other, and he was a wonderful, loving cat. He used to sleep in the back yard, and every once in awhile I would get a knock on the front door about the dead cat in the back yard. He would sleep on his back with his limbs akimbo, his mouth open with tongue hanging out, and eyes rolled up in the back of his head. Twice I had to grab and wake him before the ladies knocking would believe he was alive.

I miss him, too. He'd drool like you wouldn't believe, too.

SydKait

This is my kitty Tashay. Shes about 4 months old now. I got her from a shelter. <3 I love her soooo much. ;D

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 203

EzzieD

This is my husky, Shadow. We adopted him when he was about 2, and we've had him for about 2 years now. He's gone through a couple other households before finding his forever home with us, they just couldn't care for him. The story is told from the person we got him from, the owner before him kept him tied up to tree outside all the time as a puppy. Definitely wasn't cared for, health-wise. He turned out to be sick with both heartworm and whipworm when we got him - but he's been treated and cured of all now, so he's one healthy baby!

I tell ya, getting him trained to eat dog food was a REAL challenge. He was never fed a proper diet, just table scraps, so it took months to get him to eat real dog food. Even then..he's VERY picky on what he'll actually eat. He doesn't like milkbones or other treats most dogs will scarf down, and he's not big on rawhide chews either. He's my "special" son. I love him. lol

Attachments

• FuzzyFace2.jpg
    FuzzyFace2.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 173