New trick to reduce pain and get better suction!!! Working great!!

bikerlady

Thanks for posting the pic of you wearing the domes with the yoga mat, that helps to see what it looks like on.
Do you know how thick your yoga mat is?
I tried making two separate rings from a yoga mat and cannot get any suction at all.
Would that be because I'm using 2 separate rings instead of cutting everything out all in one piece?
Several other people mentioned that they couldn't get any suction with yoga mats either so I'm wondering if the thickness of the mat might make a difference. My yoga mat doesn't have any "holes" as you mentioned earlier, and is very thin. I'd think being thin would help it to "suck" into the dome, but in your picture it looks as though your yoga mat may be much thicker.

E

elusia

wnt2bbgr said:
Thanks for posting the pic of you wearing the domes with the yoga mat, that helps to see what it looks like on.
Do you know how thick your yoga mat is?
I tried making two separate rings from a yoga mat and cannot get any suction at all.
Would that be because I'm using 2 separate rings instead of cutting everything out all in one piece?
Several other people mentioned that they couldn't get any suction with yoga mats either so I'm wondering if the thickness of the mat might make a difference. My yoga mat doesn't have any "holes" as you mentioned earlier, and is very thin. I'd think being thin would help it to "suck" into the dome, but in your picture it looks as though your yoga mat may be much thicker.

Does anybody use this yoga mat trick?? If so, what thickness? Everytime I try to noogle I end up quitting 'cause I can't stand the hideous red ring marks that last for weeks after I stop....I tried the soft cup rings, they just got sucked in and didn't work, I tried the pipe insulation, but I'm not handy and I just couldn't get that to work either...I've been using Brava and that works fine - no ugly marks and good swelling - when I use lots of vitamin E oil and keep them on for 14-17 hours / day for several weeks / months in a row - problem is my hubby has had it with me in those domes all night and half day...

Now I thought of trying the yoga mat thing and bought yoga mats in 3 different thickness, but before I start cutting them I'd like to hear if someone else have any experience to share? ???

Lily13

I measured the yoga mat I used and it was 1/2" thick, but it was a very soft material and not one of those hard types of mats. Here are 2 pictures to give you an idea of what I did. I no longer use it though. I bought mine from Target in their sporting goods/exercise section. It's a huge mat, so you have lots to work with.

When I made the circle, I made it slightly smaller than the dome so when I applied pressure, it wouldn't slip through.

Attachments

• Yoga Mat 2.jpg
    Yoga Mat 2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Yoga Mat.jpg
    Yoga Mat.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 262