msm again!

T

tavia

hi every 1, i started my msm crystals/powder today, i took a tsp with some dr pepper to try and mask the taste.

anyway, firstly all you that r good at maths, if 1/4 of a tsp is 1000mgs how much is a full tsp on average, i would like to take between 4 and 6000mgs of the stuff.

also this may be too much info but a few hours after taking it i went to the toilet and had a movement and there was like mucus in it and im sure there were like umm wormy things, not moving i dont think just stuck lol... oh gosh im so sorry for the detail!!!! it also seemed darker than normal, i drank alot of water after taking the msm so it could get to work well and a 1000mg vit c.

its also very late and im up doing squats , which is definatly not the norm for me, i feel full of energy,

ive done some googling to see if msm can actually get rid of worms and parasites and there lots of info that says its used for getting rid of these types of thing, i thought it was more for just getting
rid of toxins, im really happy if it cleans out every thing and i will update in a few days of taking
it..
if this stuff really does clean out all the rubbish etc from me then i will use this stuff for the rest of my life, i love it and its only ben a day, i do have a slight head ache but nothing bad but i guess thats just a detox.

has any1 else had anything like this happen to them while using msm? idlove to know everything that it has done for u good and bad,

i have yet to noogle so i cant comment on any swelling but my fingers are crossed that the swelling will be better than i have ever got so far, but im happy to take this stuff just for the health benifits,

my toe nails fell off 5 years ago because of my lupus and ive been using hydrogen peroxide since october to get them back, so far i have 3 nails back and the rest are sort of half nails, id like to sped up the process of growth so im hopeing msm will help with this aswell, i study my toe nails ever day for ages so i will definatly know if it makes a difference in there strengh and lengh,
i want to wear sandels when summer in the uk comes, and white nail polish, im nearly there so im so hoeing this helps.

sorry for the long post but i think ive found the supp that i could stick with for life, i truely do, i will oviously know for sure in a few weeks, but ive never felt this way about a supplement, i think im in love lol.

BUT IT TASTES LIKE ****!

all experiences very much welcome xxx

KynkiMyss

Do the 1/4 tsp of MSM to start...you'll get nasty headaches if u take too much...then gradually increase...1/2 tsp max, with plenty of H2O. I just started adding MSM to my massage cream..its helping w/some of the discomfort associated with swelling.

T

tavia

hello,
ive already taken 1 teaspoon this evening and im feeling ok , i was wondering how much a teaspoon would be if 1/4 of a tsp is 1000mgs,

ive read on other forums and articles that people table it in tablespoons? like 8-10,000mgs

do you take it internally aswell?

;) ;D

thabai

Hiya.. hmm I think the better digestion is normal. I find when I don't take my msm now I feel like crap. I only take 4500mg a day though.
You should definately increase slowly like with any tablets so it doesn't shock you're system too much. Hmm can't say I've noticed any different colouration after pooping though maybe it's just starting to flush out nasties?

T

tavia

thanks thaibi,

i am more or less certain i have lots of nastys in me and plenty of toxins, mabe the coloration was nothing to do with msm, but i suppose i will see later on lol...

as i feel quite well after taking it yesterday, slept like a baby, i will take no more than a teaspoon,
i read that to detox for a week you take it at higher amounts but im gonna stick with this much as i do want to cause any bad headaches right now..

wht do you take yours with thaibai, or do u have capsules?

C

chloespeaks

I also do a tsp though not everyday. the first time i took it lol, nobody told me it tastes so bad, but the way i do it is one pint glass in the morning with a squeeze of lemon and the heaping tsp and to me it tastes alot like Tonic Water with no sugar. I start the day off like that so I already ensure that i get 16oz of water right off the bat from a night without hydration.

i don't get the detox like that but i feel it helps with overall feeling good.

T

tavia

hmm i took the teaspoon in about 3 egg cupps worth of dr pepper lol, no wonder it tasted so strong... but i wanted to just knock it back not savor the flavor he he... i might try it in a bigger ammount of dr peper today, or juice/or milk

it definatly is a overall sense of feeling good, i was doing weights for around 2 hours, i could have gone on for longer but it was 5 in the morning so i thought id better get some sleep...yep u read it right,,, FIVE :D

oh and just to add...MY SWELLING WAS THE BEST YET, I HAD AMAZING SIDE PROFILE(AMAZING FOR ME) THE PURPLE BRA THAT I POSTED IN THE NOOGLEATHON WAS FILLED UP VERY TIGHTLY,and my boobs are still plump now 14 hours later ;)

sofia1

TT, if 1/4 teaspoon is 1,000 mg, then there are 4,000 mg in 1 teaspoon. Take 1 to 1.5 teaspoons if you are wanting to take between 4,000 to 6,000 mg/day.

thabai

yeh I take 1500mg 3 times a day with my herbs, but I take it to rise my blood pressure so it helps with BE

T

tavia

arr thanku so much sofia, i thought it was 4000 but couldnt be sure, im rubbish at maths, thanku thanku very much, ill continue with the 4000mg...

thaibai, with this powder its hard enough to take it once never mind 3 times a day lol..... today i took it with a glass of orange juice and it made me feel really sick i think im better off just knocking it bac as quick as i can i think, ill switch to the capsules i think after this tub...

C

chloespeaks

i know what you mean TT but that is alot of capsules, lol!

U

ursulacurnow

Hi there TT.

Oh, the MSM is just so good for so many things. I have this thick report on it I got from a naturopath friend years ago. I take it to aid with Candida overgrowth, as it helps maintain the body's pH (candida like it acidic, which causes lots of additional health issues).

Definitely build up your dose slowly, to minimise the detox symptoms like headache. I put mine in cranberry juice with a little water and it tastes just fine. It can cause you to have a lot of extra energy, so I was advised not to take it any later than lunchtime, or it might affect your sleep. If you have a condition like Lupus, you need your rest.

So glad it's working so well for you. The increase in boob growth is a nice bonus.

Love,
Egyptt.

thabai

Oh yeah I've also noticed I'm not cold all the time anymore and don't have to wear like 3 layers all the time. Tehe I feel normal lol

T

tavia

i missed a day of taking my msm and ive nearly missed a second day in a row aswell, im about to go and take it now.. BUT i only remembered because ive had really annoying headache since ive missed my dose lol.i cant say its anything else.. as all is normal. weird,,

im gonna take my dose now and see if it goes away?

gogh90

Hi! I just started taking MSM and I'm so excited!! I already noticed that my swelling lasted longer and I had some growing pains :D By the way I'm taking the Crystals and yes TT they taste awful, but I find that taking it with half a lime and honey (mix it well) and just drinking it like a shot is the best way :)

T

tavia

hello, welcome to the nb forum, ;D

yep a shot is the best way,, ive also noticed(if u hadnt already) that if u put the msm in the glass (teaspoon or what ever amount u take) put it in and then put some strong tasting liquid(coke, lemon etc) in just to cover it DONT STIR then u will notice that the msm floats on top of the liquid, if u knock it straight back u can barely taste it,

i was puting the msm and liquid in then stiring it and it would be all messed up and thick lol

yep i def noticed the extra swelling, but ive also been taking lots of water with every dose of msm so that definatly contributes to the swelling but still is more than b4.

DONT 4GET THAT U NEED TO TAKE A VIT C FOR THE MSM TO BE USED BY YR BODY BETTER, I TAKE A 1000MG TABLET STRAIGHT AFTER

im going to the kitchen now to take some... ;D

T

tavia

im sorry if i sound like a sale-woman but i feel so so good on this msm, i really think ive found the right supplement, i havnt touched my other supps apart from vit c and epo since taking it ive even stopped the pm, i just felt that the swelling im getting is satisfactory so ive stopped it for now,

i read how msm can be used to treat lupus symptoms and mabe thats y i can feel such a big difference, i feel normal for the first time in years, ive got no aches and pains no nose bleeds, im waiting to see how it effects my nails and hair and skin, ill know in a month or so. ive also been drinking 2 teaspoons of lemon juice with a large glass of warm water... its actually very nice

im so happy,

thabai

Yep its worked wonders for me. I started getting hair loss last year which carried out until about March because of some medication I was on. I've only been taking it since march but I've noticed and my hairdresser has noticed my hairs back to it's original thickness. The doctors said it would take a year because of my hair type so really happy ;D Also I used to be really cold all the time and now I can wear normal clothes for example when I'm on holiday I won't be wearing a jumper! Seriously annoying could never bathe in the sun because I'd get cold

T

tavia

im glad u have had such good results with it too, your hair does look very glossy in your picture too, ive yet to notice any change in the hair area but i will gladly wait it out,

taking it isless of a bad experience now, yeaterday my little sister and i went to the sweet shop and i ended up buying lots of sour chewy sweets,, by the time i came to take my msm i could barly feel my tongue so it was a breeze lol.

ive been taking 6000mgs epo too and my boobs stay full now and firmer, i havnt noogled in 2 days