stretch marks... :(

T

tavia

nadir,
thanks 4 the links, i was on this forum then 1nce id had a look at yr links i spent the following hour on there looking at all the advice, seems like they really know there stuff on that site, the derma roller thread was like 150 pages long... lots of good advice,

Z

Zenity

Yes, it does.

I haven't read the whole thread, but my friend told me she got pretty much all the info to treat her stretch marks there. And according to her last email she got rid of them totally.
Her old stretch marks where on tights and lower abdomen. Now she is pregnant and getting new ones around belly button. I was very impressed when she wrote me she truly believes the skin treated for stretch marks has become stronger, than before 'cause the new stretch marks are not reapering there but at one area never rolled.... I guess she knows her body better than I do! lol!
She is very optimistic as how to treat the new stretch marks and she believes this time it will take les time 'cause she won't wait for them to heal (become pearl-white) but to start needling while they are still red, meaning recent and fresh.
I have referred her to this thread in case she wants to post her experience to help others, but she is a very busy working mom so I don't know if she will visit us.

MariahsDs

Thanks Nadir for the info about your friend and the derma roller. I just bought one from ebay.

I was wondering if you knew how long it took your friends to get rid of her stretch marks 100%? That would be a dream come true for me to be able to get rid of them 100%.

I will try to post my results from the derma roller after using it for a long enough time period to see some change.

Z

Zenity

When I saw her for the last time she was on her 5th or 6th month and, as I would say they were gone 98%, I could barely notice some resitant ones on her upper back tights. That could be 'cause that was a difficult area to reach by herself. She wanted help from her hubby but they were not at their best moment. Now they are divorced.

By now they are gone, but she didn't tell me at her email when she really saw them dissapearing, or for how long she kept doing this treatment.

Sorry I can't help more.

Rachiex

Hi Jelly!

Where did you get your dermaroller from? Was is expensive? Is it available online as I can't find it in shops anywhere...?

Rachiex

x x x x

D

DeeDeeN

Hi Dixie

Sorry I know this is an old topic but I wanted to add my 2cents worth. Being South African (where bio oil is made) I have had access to it basically my whole life. It is a great product but it takes time. Just like everything (even the noogleberry) everyone responds to it differently. How long did you use it for? It can take up to 8 months to wake the tissue up. It worked wonders for me on the stretch marks I had on the sides of my thighs. Use it in the morning and the evening as a cream or add it to your body cream. Also you should add it to your bath and use aqueous cream as a soap (trick a dermatologist taught me years ago for excema and I noticed it helps with scars etc. 2 over time.)

Hope I helped
Debs

D

Dixieland

Debs,
What is aqueous cream? And how do you use it like a soap? I have some bio oil but I was using it on my little red dots from trying to use the large cups on the noogle. It helped some, but not alot. I tried to use it on my belly where I have some really bad stretch marks from pregnancy....but after using it for awhile (probably a month or so) I wasn't seeing any improvement so I stopped using it. So maybe I should start using it again and you used it morning and evening? Do you rub it until it soaks in? Give me the particulars of how you used it and I will try it again.
Dixieland

D

DeeDeeN

Hi Dixie

Aqueous cream is the following http://www.gaiaresearch.co.za/aqueousafe.html

Here is the one I use now http://www.babyandcompany.co.za/p-233-elizabeth-anne-baby-aqueous-cream-350ml.aspx

I used to use BM's aqueous cream which has no fragrance or colouring but haven't been able to find it for years.

Yes you bath with it as a soap (or shower) and I have noticed that because it replaces moisture, it tends to "awaken" dead skin again after time ( like stretch marks). My husband has been using it for all the 8 years of our marriage everday as an after shave balm (after I taught it to him). He even uses it between his eyes, above his nose, where he used to suffer from a horrible red skin patch (all gone now - nothing else helped though - only the aqueous cream).

Search for Aqueous cream on e-bay (checked online and they seem to stock it). Try and get one without color (white) or fragrance but any one should work. Unfortunately its not a very common product it seems in the United States, but if you are in Great Britian you should be able to find it (online and in stores).

Now on the bio oil. I have been using it off and on for at least 12 years. All the women in my family used it during and after pregnancy. I have currently been using it again for six months on a scar on my leg. It is getting a bit lighter. Eventually it will go (always does). I use it twice a day all over my body and rub it in like a cream. Morning and night. Then when I get a chance I dab a little extra on my leg scar (using a cotton ball). At first the oil feels well oily (lol dunno how else to put it) but after a few minutes it pulls in (seems to help if you do it just after you shower and you are in a steamy bathroom).

Hope I helped. Pls feel free to ask my anything if you still have questions.

hugs
Debs

D

DeeDeeN

Dixie, I just finished doing some research online and thought you might like the following

http://www.beautybridge.com/mamiozapgost.html

It has very good reviews online so maybe if after you have tried bio oil again for a few months and you are one of the people it doesn't work for, you could try this.

Hope it helps
Debs

D

DeeDeeN

I just checked out your link. It seems like a good one. Try it. You can use the cream just like that as well (as opposed to using it as soap) but word of caution it tends to make a person sweat wherever you use it. Thats a good thing 2 I guess since that means the skin is "waking up" lol.

Remember to check out the link for the alternative cream I posted (my last post on this forum before this one), just in case the aqueous cream and bio oil don't work for you after a couple of months.

Hugs
Debs

Ali

vitamin e. my cousin had crazy stretch marks on her legs, but she just rubbed vitamin e over them every so often and they went away in a couple of weeks. it is a slow process, but beauty takes patience, right? :]

secret

hey
Check out this cream from avon around page 119, but i seen the newer the magazine thats actually have a product for stretch marks. You can do some research on it.
http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/avon/bqzho4ge4zdmq48/2010041201/?_rpd=tZ2NJjZf&_br=e6Ae

hz

I got a dermaroller a few months ago, but didn't use it. I think I will start after summer, as I want to get tanned. Hopefully by this time next year, they will be gone. Most creams out there do not get rid of stretch marks, they might fade them a little. Don't waste your money on expensive creams. I've read that some butters and oils help, dermarolling and laser. I will post my results when I'm through.

reccakeys

Very informative replies. Thanks for this. always remember that when doing something related to our body, it is very important to ask advice to the experts, like doctors. Don't do any unnecessary things. We don't know it could be good or it could be worse.

Hope this can help. Thanks

jccarey09

Having stretch marks means that you're losing weight. The stretched skin stays, while the fats are removed. I hope are there lotions or creams that can help you with your problem.

Gorgeousgirl5

I've been wanting to try bio oil for so long now. I have stretch marks on my breasts, butt and inner thighs. They're not that noticeable but I still want them gone. Does they bio oil help old stretch marks?

xoxojenny

tretinoin (Retin-A) will help with stretch marks that are red. I love this stuff, it is a miracle cream. Unfortunately, I have the small stretch marks that are white-- something that seems impossible to get rid of :(