Padded Hell's Program

Padded Hell

I can't believe how much our lives diverge ;D. Hubby has Man-flu as we speak. Easter went by in a haze of pills & coughing fits. Touch wood, I haven't had it but AF turned up on the same day Hubby went down with it. So, fun times :p Are you all better now? Can't believe you still managed to noogle! You really are going for it, aren't you?

I've just got back to noogling two days ago, after a ten day break, and boy, my boobs are sore (like an overworked muscle feeling). A few red dots have appeared too. Grr! Doesn't matter how lightly I pump after a little break, the same thing happens every time!!! I've had some pretty good swelling these last few days, considering it's follicular. I'm even beginning to feel optimistic that they'll grow. Note to self: Steady on old girl! Anyway, I've extended each NB session to 2 hours now (still doing 7:2) and have been adding an extra 30 mins for the smaller left boob. It's time-consuming, but I figure this is the only way to have a fighting chance. If my best efforts fail at least I can retire from NB with some peace of mind :-\. Maybe Lucy will present me with a nice gold watch or a cut glass fruit bowl, who knows? ;D

I'm so glad to be off of the AC. What a bloody nightmare that was! I actually feel like myself again. The effect it had on my mental health was terrifying. I dread to think what would have happened if I'd stayed on it. Took me about a week after stopping AC, to start feeling back to normal again. I anticipated a really bad period this month, but compared to last month, when I was on AC, it was a lot easier. Still painful, but nowhere near as bad & frankly 'abnormal' than last months. I've learnt my lesson with herbs, finally!

I think Sea Buckthorn oil is worth keeping on the back burner, in the increasingly likely event we exhaust all our options! I'm wary of taking to many omega-rich supplements, so I'll save this one for later, I think. I remember reading over on BN, a few girls having some success with Sea Buckthorn though.

How are you finding the Safflower oil? I've been adding Cypress essential oil to my olive oil that I use for NB. It's supposed to be one of the best essential oils for stimulating blood circulation. don't know if it's just a coincidence, but my swelling does seem to be better since using it. Bit early to tell, I think. I quite like it though, it's got a sort of woody smell.

I've been admittedly, extremely lazy about EFT. I'll blame it on AF but that's a flimsy excuse, I'm afraid. I've decided that I'm going to try & maintain 30 days of positivity ::). Yes, 30 days! Then I can go back to being a miserable cow again ;D. This will include a three point 'plan' of EFT, visualisation (trying yet again, to imagine my dream boobs on my body) & subliminal hypnosis. I already find myself fighting the cynical side of my brain, but I'm just going to push through this time. I've felt a few fleeting stabbing pains in my chest. The EFT that I've tried so far hasn't had any discernible effect yet, & seems to dredge up more questions, & unresolved personal issues than anything else. I remembered some bra's I'd been given around 13 y.o, that I never grew into & threw away in the end, because i couldn't bare to look at them. I'd completely forgotten about that! Maybe it's giving my brain a spring clean or something!

Good for you, regarding forthcoming pics. At some point this year, I'm going to add mine. Ugh, my stomach just lurched at the thought *breathes heavily into a paper bag*. It'll be ok. Just detach & let go.... :)

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
Hey PH,

You're not alone. I'm sorry to hear of rough times but life does throw them at us, eh? :)

I really agree with you about the positive thinking being key. It's the only way to survive the rollercoaster effects of pumping. My honeymoon with NB is over and it's all work. I find myself falling off the "being positive" wagon and having to get back on more often. Just the fact you're still here shows you got what it takes.

I'm going to check into that cypress oil since I think I need to boost my blood flow. I've been noticing more often of getting "cold" from pumping. It seems odd to use a heating pad in spring just to warm up your boobs when in domes.. lol If anyone has suggestions on this topic, I would love to hear them. :)

DJ

Padded Hell

Hi DJ,

Well, they say it takes 30 days to make or break a habit, so if I can keep positive about all of this for 30 days or so & throw everything at it, then that will be an achievement in itself. It's so easy to fall back into negative thought patterns, but every time I catch myself going down that road, I'm trying to counteract it with a positive action. I feel you with the honeymoon period being over. That can only sustain you for so long on this journey, then the real work begins :-\

I really like the cypress oil. It has a gentle warming feel. Sometimes, I add a few drops of ginger or cinnamon oil to my NB oil too, as they're really good for boosting circulation as well. If you're going to use e ginger or cinnamon, use it sparingly, as it's quite strong & can irritate the skin. I have the mother of all sensitive skin, but I haven't had a problem with any of them so far. I try everything to avoid that cold boobie feeling in the cups. It's still quite chilly here at night, so I'm glad I've found something I can use. Let me know how you get on with it, if you decide to buy some :)

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
I've been trying the positive thinking more than 30 days and it is still a challenge at times but it does seem easier to spot when I'm sliding down the slope. :)

I too have serious sensitive skin these days and NB does irritate my skin from time to time and I have to add some longer periods of rest to recover. So, I'm looking at this cypress and I see there is a diluted and undiluted variety. Any one easier to deal with? I've had reasonable luck with NOW Foods and they have a 1 oz bottle. I got Almond oil handy as a carrier but I don't know the mix ratios.

DJ

Padded Hell

DJ,

I use the undiluted pure Cypress essential oil. Then I dilute it my carrier oil. So, for every 30ml/1floz of your almond carrier oil, add 7-10 drops of Cypress oil (I use 7 drops), shake bottle & voila! :)

Sometimes, I add ginger & cinnamon pure essential oil to the oil above. I add 2 drops of ginger & 1 drop Cinnamon, in case you want to try those as well. They're optional really though. The cypress works just as well on its own. Hope that helps ;)

Padded Hell

I'm not pinning much hope on it, tbh, but even if it gives me a tiny bit more swelling then I'll be happy :). I'll keep you posted!

minnie34

PH I have not disappeared - got another dose of dreaded flu and then managed to download virus to laptop. Hubby will fix it this weekend so only quick message from tablet which drives me nutty as fingers get sore from typing on touch screen. Will be back real soon xx

minnie34

Alrighty, back from the trenches. PH, did your hubby survive his man flu? It was touch and go here, I nearly forgot how sick I was myself there for a while, nursing the poor wee fella ;D ;D
All better now though (famous last words) and long may it last!!

How are you getting on now, are your boobs less sore than they were when you started up after taking a break? Yes I agree that it is time consuming. For me too, a 2 hour session is sort of needed. Anything less than that and it's not really worth it as the swelling is so dire. I still get the very best one when I do CL to L, but I tend to stay away from the CL during follicular as I have to pump much harder then = increased risk for blue boobs, not good. Delighted you found your swelling good despite being in the "wrong" phase - perhaps it is finally happening now??? :)

I'm not sure about the Safflower. I haven't been super consistent but so far, no difference. Not that surprised though, for these stubborn boobs I'm guessing something super nasty chemical is the only thing that will get them going. Interesting re the cypress oil, what the heck - I should give it a try. I could mix it with the safflower for a double whammy :D
Where did you get yours?
Dminer, I also get cold while pumping so the old circulation could definitely do with a boost!

And how are you getting on with your 30 day of positivity? Dying to hear how you are getting on with that. Breaking habits - oh so hard. Breaking bad habits - oh so so so hard!! :) But I definitely believe we are capable if and when we put our minds to it. And yes, I definitely think that when we start looking at something (like you've done with the EFT), lots of other stuff arise. And perhaps they have to come back up to the surface in order to be let go of. Doesn't mean it is particularly pleasant though. But hey, fleeting stabbing pains?? I'll take that! Fingers crossed for an overflowing B cup for you before the end of this year. You deserve it more than anybody!!
As for the pics......Gah, pretty anxiety inducing alright. Of course I know I have grown since my very first picture, but is it enough to make me feel it was all worth it? I hope so.

Padded Hell

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I've felt shattered these last few days. Hope you're back in good health now :). Hubby got over his manflu, but then ended up with sinusitis. Poor sod.

Well, I'm still on my 30 days of positivity kick, but I'm struggling a bit now ;D. I keep catching the negative thoughts creeping in & have to constantly distract myself to counteract them. Arghh! No wonder I'm knackered! The EFT has been really helpful though. I like the fact that when working on an issue, you have to focus on all the negative aspects of it, then you follow it up with a very positive affirmation eg "even though I have small boobs, which have made me feel inferior, ashamed and embarrassed, I love & completely accept myself". I still feel a bit ridiculous doing it, but I've noticed that I've been a lot more emotionally stable since starting it. Sometimes, I've experienced feeling light headed after it, which is supposed to be a good indicator that it's working :-\

This is the shocker though. Something has shifted on my tape measure! I'm now consistently measuring 31.5" now. I've checked & re-checked! They feel jigglier too. I wish they looked bigger though :(. The tops of my boobs are still stubborning refusing to grow, which makes me still look so flat. How the hell do we get fat to stick around there???

I've finally started to see progress with my smaller boob too :). I've been pumping the left boob an extra 30 mins each session since the beginning of March, so that's not bad going, I think. There's still a long way to go, but it's so encouraging to see a slightly curvier shape, especially from the side. Two hour NB sessions are definitely the right way to go too. My swelling has been much better since doing this.

I've stopped using whey protein too, as it was bulking me up in all the wrong places & screwing up my digestion. Hasn't had any drastic effect on my boobs, but I'm still eating more natural forms of protein. I've been whizzing up pumpkin seeds in my spice grinder, until it makes a powder & adding that to anything I bake etc. Makes a very cheap protein powder! I'm going to have a go at making hemp milk this week. I really have trouble digesting dairy & don't like the way it makes me feel, so I'm trying to find ways to cut down. I noticed they sell hemp milk in Tesco, but of course it contains sugar and horrible additives (bean gum -yum ???), so not going there. Winds me up something chronic :mad:

I'm still using the Cypress oil. I think I've finally found the right oil for noogling. It's been a long & arduous journey. I might get that engraved on my headstone ;D. See, I told you I'm struggling!

PS: I got my Cypress essential oil on EBay. It was about a fiver.

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
I can definitely relate to the positive thinking trials and I think it will take me a couple of years to get "good" at it. :)

I am so happy amd excited for you! The good news is coming for you. Personally, I hate the tape measure since it hasn't moved in 5 months. Evil things.. :) Ok, poor misunderstood messenger of reality...

BTW, I finally got that oil (it seems it took a vacation without me) but now I realized I don't have a 10ml bottle to measure and store the mixture.. dooh!

DJ

Padded Hell

DJ,

Yes, it's basically having to re-train our brains to think a different way, and being really mindful when the negative thoughts sneak up on us. I think it's going to take a lot more than 30 days, probably a lifetime's work!

Thank you for your kind words :). It's been so long since I'd reported anything positive happening on the boob front, and then just as I was giving up hope... :D Coincidentally, the same pattern happened last year at around this time. I had a growth spurt around last May/June. Maybe that's my growing season? I'll have to noogle like the clappers these next few months then! See how much growth I can achieve *booby- greed eyes flashing*

Hubby (boob inspector - critical but fair ;D) has officially confirmed that they've grown. I can't argue with that now, can I? He's gone from laughing about my funny plastic domes to urging me to put them on! Proof enough!

I still agree that the tape measure is an evil thing. That was the first time I've measured in months. It had got so disheartening. I think I'll stay away from it again, before I get too obsessed! You know what they say about waiting for a pot to boil!

Anyway, I'm glad you (finally) got your Cypress oil :).You must let me know how you get on with it. What carrier oil are you going to use with it?

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
Excellent news when you get a positive second confirmation (boob inspectors). I do find it interesting regarding your observation about May/June. Is there perhaps some food, activity or such that's unique for you in the spring? Of course, it won't be just "one thing" but definitely worth looking into it. :)

For the oil, I am going to keep it simple and try Almond oil. It's light, non-clogging and moderate on absorption rate. I recently finished something in a 2 oz bottle so I was thinking of cleaning it out and using that bottle for this little experiment. So, if I recall your recommendation of 3-4 drops per 10ml then 2 oz ~= 60ml -> 18-24 drops for that bottle? Does that sound right?

DJ

minnie34

PH, best post I've read in ages!! I am so so delighted and happy for you. Proper growth, yay! And it is only upwards (and outwards of course) from here on, it has to be because we're worth it goddammit!! I might be brave enough to take out my measuring tape too, although it would be rather futile as I can't remember what the measurement was the last time. Doh! Look, if the tape states 31.5, if your hubby confirms that they are bigger and if they are jigglier, then they HAVE grown!! I think it is impossible to see with the bare eye, especially as we approach looking with a critical view. So stick with the proof rather than what you think you might see. Boobieblindness me thinks! :)

I bought a little bottle of cypress oil in the local HF shop today. Am excited to try it and am debating whether I should use almond or safflower oil. Probably won't make a difference either way?

I can very well imagine that all the effort to re-program your thinking has left you exhausted. But it must also have been an interesting journey. I'd be wary of the whey protein too, I tried it years and years ago (vanilla flavour I think?) but found it too lumpy and just couldn't stomach it. Hemp milk should be lovely and so good for you too. Remind me, you're not a big fan of coconut, am I right? I made coconut milk a while back, turned out lovely and creamy. But if you're not a fan of the flavour then obviously not a good idea. Almond milk with a bit of vanilla bean and a few dates mixed in also turned out really nice, great to make porridge with in the morning! Yes, the nut/seed milks in Tesco and HF shops too mind you are full of nasty additives, really takes away from the other benefits huh?

I hope your hubby is over the sinusitis. I had it last month and it is just horrible. Like an elephant sitting on your face. Ugh. Seems like loads of bugs are doing the rounds, my hubby just got over his man-flu, only to be hit by another. Roll on proper summer I say. Well, not beach summer, just t-shirt summer :D
Will let you know of my amazing swelling all due to the cypress oil. If not, I'll expect a full refund of course!! :D

Padded Hell

Argh! One of my CL cups cracked a few days ago. That took the wind out of my sails a bit, but I received my new one in the post yesterday. Phew, crisis over :).

I'm taking a little break now as AF arrived & it's not worth pumping for the meagre swelling I get. Plus, I feel horrible, you know, the whole range of monthly delights... :-\.

I really have a bad case of boobie blindness, Minnie. I'm finding it really difficult to not keep reverting to the image of the completely flat chest that I had. It feels like it's imprinted in my brain, but it's slowly starting to change. By today's standard though I'm still really flat-chested. At what size do you think you stop being, do you think? A full B cup? A C cup?? I suppose it depends on the person's body frame as well, doesn't it?

Have you tried the cypress oil yet? I couldn't find it anywhere in the shops, you must have a good HF store. What's your verdict? Do I need to run & hide? ;D I still haven't got around to making my hemp milk. I was going to add a vanilla pod to mine too. I really can't stand the way cow's milk gives you that furry feeling in your mouth. Eurgh. I can't 'do' coconut milk, unfortunately. Although, I've been rubbing coconut oil on the cellulite that's been gathering speed on my thighs (thanks whey protein!) for the past month & it's improving :)

How is your noogling going? Do you still do hydro these days?

I feel sorry for your hubby having a double dose of flu. What is going on this year? Everyone seems to have had something. Hopefully, the decent sunshine we've been having will zap all these nasty germs once & for all!

Padded Hell

DJ,

I really have no idea why I notice growth in May/June. I can only surmise that I generally feel a lot healthier at this time of year. I'm one of those people whose very affected by changing seasons. I have to use a lightbox in winter, otherwise I slide into depression & my body becomes very sluggish too, so I think that might attribute to things picking up in Spring. I wish I had a definitive answer :). It would save a lot of time!

For 10ml of your Almond carrier oil, I'd use 3-4 drops Cypress oil. For 60ml of carrier oil I'd use 15-20 drops Cypress. I'm going by an aromatherapy book that I have :).

minnie34

Oh no to cracked cups! I've been lucky so far, never happened to me. Am probably jinxing it now though :)

I hear you on the boobie blindness. Every time I look in the mirror, there's just flatness. Then I cup them, and somehow, there is actually something in my hands. But at what stage does one move from being flat-chested? Well, I've made no secret of dearly desiring a C-cup. Unless I plan to noogle for the rest of my life though, that does not seem like a realistic goal. A full, or even a normal B would be fab. But since I put on weight last year, a C would definitely be more proportional. But I am guessing that even if I did reach let's say a full B, it would still look small. Such is the blindness I reckon.

I am liking the cypress oil so far. It is way too early to tell if there has been any results yet, especially as I haven't been super regular with noogling, still feeling the tiredness from the flu and all. But I plan to stick with it. I like the smell and at times there is definitely a bit of heat off it on the skin which is nice, as I tend to be so cold all of the time. I haven't done any hydro in months. Just seems like so much hassle, but I'm probably just being lazy. You?
What I do these days is noogling with one L and one CL at the same time for 30 minutes, then swap sides. I try to make it at least at 2 hour session so that I can get an hour of each cup put together. It is working pretty well, I think the change every 30 mins to a different cup helps with pretty decent swelling but no doubt there will soon come a day when I need to think of something different as it won't work anymore. You know the drill :D

Interesting re the coconut oil and cellulites. Do you apply it every day? I should definitely give that a go. I'm not great for taking it internally either, I can stomach it in some forms but no way could I get the recommended 2 tablespoons into me every day. Gag reflex alert just thinking about it. I have found it to be a great cleanser though, in the evenings I rub it on my face and give myself a little facial at the same time, and then wipe it off with cotton wool. Skin gets really clean and feels soft and nice afterwards.

dminer84

Fulfilling a dream...
Speaking of boobie blindness, aren't you ladies being too hard on yourselves? Remember, I started with nothing and I'm in that A cup range now. I have stopped thinking of myself as "flat" but "too small to matter". :)

I don't recall pics of either of you but I suspect there is no flatness but when compared to others around then I can see how this feeling can develop. I am curious when I'll get comments from people which will be my graduation from "too small".

DJ

Padded Hell

Tim,

I'm nowhere near 3/4 in my CL's! Only in my dreams ;D. I'm just under 1/2 way into the cups on a good day. in your case, if your nipples are 1/2 inch from the top of the cups, I would take Lucy's advice & invest in some larger cups. You're going to need them at some point anyhow, but I think it's best to completely fill your CL's before moving up. Get as much mileage out of them as you can! Beware of getting your nipples pulled into the hole at the tip though. Ouch! :)